The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Would appreciate it some expert in this forum can confirm if Seiko crystal part number 325W14GN can fit the 6159-7001 model? If you look at the attached photo, there is a metal band that goes around the base of the crystal. Will that affect the installation? So is this the correct part or should it be the 325W14GA?

Hope someone can confirm that 325W14GN with the metal band will fit the 6159-7001 watch before I purchase it. Thank you.

BR
Prime88

Attachments

·
Monkey Steals Peach
1,851 Posts
The 325W14GN is correct for the 6159-7001, but it doesn't have a metal ring attached to it. The crystal in your picture is not a 325W14GN.

·
Researcher
5,269 Posts
And it's faceted!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. That helps to explain why I find the metal ring kinda weird in the first place. So the search goes on for a NOS crystal. BTW, any leads to buy one at not so crazy price? Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read somewhere that 325W14GA will fit as well? Is that correct information?

Also can anyone shed some light on the difference between the GN and GA suffix?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
32,595 Posts
We seem to be spoiled for choice with the 325W14GN00, strange really for a pretty rare model.

I gave Jonathan a little assistance producing a replica( i loaned him a OEM crystal) and I also have a sapphire 325W14GN00 :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You guys are great. So much knowledge to share.

From the attached parts spec posted by The TigerUK, it would mean that the GA model is exactly the same as the GN model except for the anti fogging coating.

Cannop, thanks for the lead regarding other alternative parts and I will keep a lookout for it.

One more question. Currently someone is selling a 325W16GA crystal. So based on the spec code information, the middle number is just a serial number for production purpose. So does that mean the 325W16GA will be exact dimension as the 325W14GA/GN? Then the difference will be?? If it is exact dimension, then can I use the 325W16GA for the 6159-7001?

Thank you.

·
Researcher
5,269 Posts
You guys are great. So much knowledge to share.

From the attached parts spec posted by The TigerUK, it would mean that the GA model is exactly the same as the GN model except for the anti fogging coating.

Cannop, thanks for the lead regarding other alternative parts and I will keep a lookout for it.

One more question. Currently someone is selling a 325W16GA crystal. So based on the spec code information, the middle number is just a serial number for production purpose. So does that mean the 325W16GA will be exact dimension as the 325W14GA/GN? Then the difference will be?? If it is exact dimension, then can I use the 325W16GA for the 6159-7001?

Thank you.
The only guarantee would be the diameter being the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hi Duncan,

From photos that I sourced from the internet, it seems that 325W14GA has a non frosted bevel that is similar to the 325W14GN. However as mentioned by you before, the 325W26HB0A has a frosted bevel. Is this fact correct?

Thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Duncan,

All the facts are very clear now. Thank you.
This thread will be useful for owners of 6159-7000/1 looking to replace the crystal with NOS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts