The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the 3rd mod in my 6 color series. This one is a fan art watch done in black and white with a little red for accents. I wish Seiko had/would do a MotorSports series. The art work on the dial and bezel is all done from scratch.

6309-836A July 1983

20180918_005340.jpg

20180918_004627.jpg

20180918_004706.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,225 Posts
great job Jerry! Assuming that is decal work on the dial?

Very nice looking - and the bezel - intriguing how you managed that!

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great job Jerry! Assuming that is decal work on the dial?

Very nice looking - and the bezel - intriguing how you managed that!
Thanks Mike. The dial and the bezel insert are done with waterslide decals. You can get the blank sheets and print them out yourself. Like the plastic models decals you soak in water and they slide off to put on the model. The first step is the designing and sizing, print it out, seal the ink with clear acrylic to make it waterproof. All the white parts are actually clear. The decal I slid off upside down onto a waxed paper and cleaned the glue off the back. The dial and bezel insert were sanded, primered, painted white and clear coated. The dial and bezel insert were coated with a clear watch crystal epoxy and the decals glued on and cured under a UV light. Once it was cured they were trimmed and sealed with a half dozen coats of clear acrylic. I used the same technique for the Kanji bezel on my Orient diver.

·
Premium Member
9,225 Posts
very nice Jerry - it really opens up the possibilities for watch design.

I've always been a fan of the rally style watches - dial/bezels. I can imagine some nice custom designs along that line. I can also image a SCWF themed dial ... :)

Nice craftsmanship - you're honing your skills.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well done on all 3 ! What case did you use for the Seiko Motor Sports/Harley Davidson dialled mod ? It really works well.
Thanks, I wanted something a little lower profiled. It's a 6309-836A. The bezel is 38.3mm, a little smaller and thinner than the 6309-72XX series.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts