The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A photo of my 3 Citizen Blue Angels. The middle one just arrived, but it's faulty, so it'll probably go back. The analogue minute hand gets too many step pulses as the second hand passes each each quarter minute position, so they quickly get out of step with the digital display, which keeps perfect time.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I think I prefer the looks of the oldest model the best. I know it is not as advanced without solar charging and some other features that I have forgotten, but I like the smaller size and the larger subdials and LCD. Just seems more readable to me.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Nice trio,!

But could someone tell me, why they are labeled "Blue Angels" as I think the yellow is more eye catching on these watches?

Thanks,

Axel

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I prefer the older model, too. It's easier to use all the functions. With the middle one, you have to rotate the crown to change modes. The later one, you have to pull the crown out, then rotate it. It does have a backlight though, as well as "atomic" time setting. The "new" one I bought second hand, so it's the one I'm currently wearing the most. For such a big watch, it sits very nicely on my 6.5" wrist.

The Blue Angels are an American aerobatic jet display team, bit like the Red Arrows. Their planes are blue with yellow detailing.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Nice, I like the symmetry of the middle one.

I think Blue Angels are the air force elite pilots that puts on the air shows for special events.
Not for the color in the this case.

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

Yellow Angels just doesn't have the same ring.

Planes are like the watches....blue field with yellow accents. Cool stuff.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I currently own the middle one but I absolutely HATE the way the lugs are designed....... you cant swap bands the way it is designed! ???

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the lug design is a bit strange, being quite narrow with the inside edges not parallel. The black Skyhawk on rubber is even worse. It has a single, central lug, and an adaptor with two narrow inset lugs.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Interesting how as they have become more "modern", the cases have become bigger, yet the digital displays have become smaller and the analog ones have increased (and become a bit busier). you would think that on a pilot watch, weight and size would be an issue, as would be legibility and access to information. You almost expect these to have a much larger digital component so as to easily display valuable data. Maybe I'm just over thinking things.

???

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Isthmus said:
Interesting how as they have become more "modern", the cases have become bigger, yet the digital displays have become smaller and the analog ones have increased (and become a bit busier). you would think that on a pilot watch, weight and size would be an issue, as would be legibility and access to information. You almost expect these to have a much larger digital component so as to easily display valuable data. Maybe I'm just over thinking things.

???
Looks like the LCD displays are smaller at the expense of the addition of the 4th subdial which is the power and sync indicator. For information that doesn't need to be seen all the time, I don't know why they put it on the dial. Casio does the same thing. Why do I need to know if the watch synced in the US or Europe and why do I need to look at it all day? You'd think that maybe you could program this information into the LCD display so that you could scroll through the menu to find the information.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that it's all about the "bling" factor. Same with cars - each time they bring out a new model, it's bigger than the previous version, and has more toys. A bigger display would be nice though - especially with my eyesight.
I wonder how many pilots actually rely on their "pilot watches"? Don't planes have clocks? :)

The AT model is really growing on me, now. I just pulled the trigger on a black PVD version - less than half price. I hope it actually is new, like the seller said.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nice! I just got the one in the middle.... but I like the larger LCD on the 1st one and the radio control on the 3rd.... Size wise, I like the middle one. Also, somehow the 2nd one seems to have a nicer case shape.... or it`s just me in love with "Blue Angels" ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts