The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unusual being the operative word as ive been trawling this particular Car boot for over 4yrs with hardly any Seiko/Citizen content in that time?
Well this Sunday i struck kind of lucky with not one but 3 Beaters from the same Guy.
One Seiko 5 6309-8970 Silver Dail in great condition,plus i took the Seiko 5M-42 off his wrist and bargained with him,He folded after 15 minutes of car sales technique and even threw in a Casio Digital that needed just a battery all for the princely sum of the £30 i had on me!!!!That was a Bargain in my eyes,the Seiko 5 cleaned up great and is keeping good time,The Kinetic ive never seen in the flesh yet it shows 6mths charge and has a solid one piece case but needs a crystal badly as does the Casio,All are working fine now with a new cell in the casio rectifying that problem.

The 3 Car Boot Amigos.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Good for you!

You have much more patience than I do, although I would be interested in a crash course in "car sales technique".

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LoL Shannon,just so happens another little box is now full,picked it up in a cheap shop here in the UK from TK Max.Nice Leather red Chinese design,filled it with my other little faves.Seiko 5,s etc and odd ones.

spring-diver said:
Man you have been on a roll ;) Is it time for another watch case yet? :)

Attachments

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wondered if anyone had a source for the crystals for the Kinetic and the Casio as they are in dire need of new ones.
Any help would be most appreciated.Thanks Neilo. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
Wondered if anyone had a source for the crystals for the Kinetic and the Casio as they are in dire need of new ones.
Any help would be most appreciated.Thanks Neilo. :)

Consider re-polishing them yourself?

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Unusual being the operative word as ive been trawling this particular Car boot for over 4yrs with hardly any Seiko/Citizen content in that time?
Well this Sunday i struck kind of lucky with not one but 3 Beaters from the same Guy.
One Seiko 5 6309-8970 Silver Dail in great condition,plus i took the Seiko 5M-42 off his wrist and bargained with him,He folded after 15 minutes of car sales technique and even threw in a Casio Digital that needed just a battery all for the princely sum of the £30 i had on me!!!!That was a Bargain in my eyes,the Seiko 5 cleaned up great and is keeping good time,The Kinetic ive never seen in the flesh yet it shows 6mths charge and has a solid one piece case but needs a crystal badly as does the Casio,All are working fine now with a new cell in the casio rectifying that problem.

The 3 Car Boot Amigos.
8) 8) Way to go! I especially like the Kinetic. That Casio looks interesting too. I should clean up nicely.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well done Neil - the back of the kinetic is amazing! I bet you got a year's free servicing thrown in too, LOL.

Actually I saw an ideal watch for a petrol head just before Basel this year (questionable styling apart) - it's a new TAG which is driven by (wait for it) a toothed drive belt, which goes around four drive wheels at the corners of a square and is visible through the dial. The price was astronomical though (almost, but not quite, a one-off, so you can imagine).

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LoL Peter,ive actually seen that TAG your on about,just cant remember where!!
This Kinetic just needs a Crystal and it will be a really nice watch,Cleaned it up last night.The Guy was wearing it at the car boot sale and i swear i coaxed it off his wrist,then i just went for it and got the Seiko 5 which is mint and the casio thrown in for £30.Bargain car boot sale.Love it when that happens.Amanda said i should be ashamed taking the guys personal watch :))
DeskDiver said:
Well done Neil - the back of the kinetic is amazing! I bet you got a year's free servicing thrown in too, LOL.

Actually I saw an ideal watch for a petrol head just before Basel this year (questionable styling apart) - it's a new TAG which is driven by (wait for it) a toothed drive belt, which goes around four drive wheels at the corners of a square and is visible through the dial. The price was astronomical though (almost, but not quite, a one-off, so you can imagine).

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike the Casio fired up straight away with a new Lithium cell.Where the hell do you get the crystals for them?Got me stumped as it will be a great watch with one.
OldHippie1968 said:
8) 8) Way to go! I especially like the Kinetic. That Casio looks interesting too. I should clean up nicely.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Mike the Casio fired up straight away with a new Lithium cell.Where the hell do you get the crystals for them?Got me stumped as it will be a great watch with one.
Good question. I'm in the same boat trying to get a lead on some crystals for a couple of rare vintage Seiko digitals. I have a guy here stateside looking for me, but so far coming up empty. I'll ask him when I see him again(Might possibly be Monday). I'll inquire about your Casio and we may get lucky.

Cheers!
Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts