The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had recently obtained a while back a 2625-0010, black dial verions that had some problems with the date wheel and returned to seller (Jose of Watchcooking) and had it replaced with the -001B pepsi dial version. Good guy to deal with.

Really liked the watch, and then later was able to communicate with Jose again and made a great transaction for the repaired -001B and also an orange dial version, 2625-077A.

I also have an older cream dial version, 2625-0170.

Couple of pics for ya.
..... Thanks Thian for turning me on to the joys of smaller watches :D

Thanks for looking,
Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TheTigerUK said:
There real "cute" Daniel ;D I have a 2205-0760, hand wind automatic, pull out to set date, if it was mans size would really be VERY nice.
The 2205s and the 4205s are great little auto watches.
Got a couple of them as well. Again... thanks Thian 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
[size=1.45em]hmmmm...that 2205 with the 4205 dial is a great idea!!!! I have an extra non-working 4205 and my orange 2205 with wabi dial...
May I ask who did the mod? (am sure TigerUK could hehehe!)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Thian,

Great looking orange 2205 and really like it on the black strap.

Got the mod from Ebay and then had it serviced by Ken S. to run like a top.

Cheers my friend.
Daniel

·
Registered
534 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
My 2205-0760 is the one i traded with you Thian for the wife but she is only into quartz so i had to keep it ha ha got it all sorted, relumed, gaskets etc but could never find a second hand for it.
Yes, of course I remember haha! wanna trade it back...as is ??? hehehe.. :p

·
Registered
534 Posts
sailorH240 said:
Hey Thian,

Great looking orange 2205 and really like it on the black strap.

Got the mod from Ebay and then had it serviced by Ken S. to run like a top.

Cheers my friend.
Daniel
Ah, okay thanks ....as I am biasing my keepers to the smaller to midsized vintages now, these models are very nice to have in the collection and to wear! (sorry, Tiger! ;) )

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Wow, those are cool. Mini me's to the classic big brothers.
I like that baby orange 2205 you got there Thian. Would love to try one on to see if I'd like it.
I've got small wrists like you Thian, and must say it looks alright, even though I prefer the big/bold and colourful kind. ;)
Your watch there is all that but in a smaller package. Quite nice without the loud in your face attitude like my Orient 300m poseidon. hehe.

Thanks for intro-ing these models to me. :)
Dave.

·
Registered
534 Posts
sharkfinDave said:
Wow, those are cool. Mini me's to the classic big brothers.
I like that baby orange 2205 you got there Thian. Would love to try one on to see if I'd like it.
I've got small wrists like you Thian, and must say it looks alright, even though I prefer the big/bold and colourful kind. ;)
Your watch there is all that but in a smaller package. Quite nice without the loud in your face attitude like my Orient 300m poseidon. hehe.

Thanks for intro-ing these models to me. :)
Dave.
It's good to diversify your collection, Brother! hahaha!

·
Registered
534 Posts
anzac1957 said:
You're not wrong.. I have this 4205 small diver set aside for my grandson's tenth birthday..

[img]

Cheers
[/quote]

Great! me too...and it's going to TigerUK along with my 2205 for some possible modding!...! :o :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
John, I agree, the case style is lovely. It seems to me that Seiko did make a large version of this case in the SBDX007 Landmaster. I don't like the bezel on that model though but think it would look great with the bezel from the SBDX001.

Martin

TheTigerUK said:
There real "cute" Daniel ;D I have a 2205-0760, hand wind automatic, pull out to set date, if it was mans size would really be VERY nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts