The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also a big fan of the vintage orient divers, especially the King Diver. Always wanted to pick one up.
Do it when the price is still affordable. Just recommend to go for the King Diver with 1942 movement and classic look more than KD which came later if you prefer more 70s design.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any tips to differentiate the 1942 with the OEM Seiko 7625 movement from caseback markings etc? IIRC you could only tell by looking at the balance.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Any tips to differentiate the 1942 with the OEM Seiko 7625 movement from caseback markings etc? IIRC you could only tell by looking at the balance.
I know that vintage Orient used Seiko movement but unfortunately I don't have the Seiko 7625 to make the comparison.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I have been away from JDM watches for a while since I went back to the Vintage Swiss Watches. Then I had the opportunity to get two rare watches from friend collectors. The first one is this Orient Freshman King Diver. This scar face engraved M-MIYAZAKI on the back has some caracter to it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Some the earliest Orient's design are strikingly beautiful from a pure aesthetic point of view. It rival some of the most beautiful Seiko watch such as 6217 & 6105, if not exceed, IMO.
This watch is not mine, just for sharing.
orient.jpg
orient1.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
I adore the early Orient designs circa 60 to 65, especially the casebacks.

There had some interesting hi beat ladies movement which I can't identify , the Fancy divers and the Orient Lausanne, though I suspect they are reworked Seiko 22xx.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your comments. I agree that 60s Orient Divers have their own charm. If compared with Seiko, it is a matter of preference. Personally, I collected the vintage Seiko Divers before then discovered the vintage Citizen, Orient, Ricoh...Those are still underrated at the moment but some models are already pick up in price.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts