The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
First Lady
2,821 Posts
Brand new discontinued GEN1 OM for $410? Grab it! Then pick up a brand new OEM bracelet for it, on eBay, for under $80, and you’ve got the whole package. I’m not sure if it’s the most popular, but probably, because it’s the original. I like the GEN2 .GEN1 would have been discontinued when GEN2 was released, so for quite some time. If you check the serial number on the back of the watch, in the store, you may be able to figure it out. It’s probably a watch from near the end of production. My GEN2 is from 2013, so GEN1 was probabably discontinued about 10 years ago. I bought mine when GEN2 initially released.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
First Lady
2,821 Posts
$80 is not bad for an original OM bracelet! You are correct about the discontinuation! Just read that that Gen. 2 was released in 2012. I've no idea why my local Seiko AD has a NOS of this watch since they mostly have current models. I am being tempted to buy it :)
Please do! If you don’t want it, buy it and sell it to me….

Kat

·
First Lady
2,821 Posts
You are right, I may be over-reacting . I found the original crown on eBay for $36; I might buy the original non-signed crown to have also, and just leave the "S" one on for now.
How strange that they did that! As said, it is an upgrade. As long as it looks good, leave it! Only buy the original, if you plan on flipping it, down the road. And even then, most buyers would welcome the upgraded signed crown. Congrats on your new OM.

Kat

·
First Lady
2,821 Posts
Thanks! I "S" crown is slowly growing on me. Love that orange dial and well built tank of a case that it is!
You are very welcome. If you check today’s WRUW thread, I am wearing mine today. You will also note that it’s my avatar. Now all you need is the bracelet, which is very cool, and makes the watch even more special, IMO.

Kat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts