The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this cap gold beauty from a very nice seller on the bay :)

Backside :)

This temperature adjusted twin quartz marvel of technology lurks inside, I haven't got around to disassemble my watch but here's a nice picture :)

From: http://akiyose.com/battery-exchange/seiko/grand/grand9943-5020.html

I need a complete crown of course...

And the other side, that "cap gold" is much more resistant to wear than "rolled gold/goldplating" :)

The crystal has some anti reflection coating? It really shows the awesome dial and hands, I can't stop looking at it :)

I only need a better fitting strap (nice brown leather) and this one won't leave my wrist for a while :)

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Nice looking Grand Quartz. The quality of these early higher end quartz models is great and they seem to be very reliable. The much heavier gold cap cases also hold up very well.

I have a very similar looking Grand Quartz from the year before yours. This has a single not twin quartz 4842 movement in the 5011 case.

I also have a 9943 twin quartz model with the 5020 case. Despite being very similarly numbered to your one it has a different design.

Enjoy your new acquisition and good luck on your search for a replacement crown.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well due to the overwhelming attention I got for my nice GQ, I thought all of you might wanted to see how my new strap looks.

It arrived today :)

I decided to take a look at the movement, and check of the case needed any cleaning.
Yuck....

Movement is allright :)

And with a super nice crocodile strap :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Nice looking watch (it REALLY needed some cleaning...). FYI, this is a detail of the crown of my former 9940.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts