The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I actually received this watch at the end of November, but I am finally getting to post this unveiling. Things just got crazy around the holidays, sorry! :dizzy:

Here is the nice mailer that I received. I was worried when I saw FedEx, but I never did get dinged for customs tax. :p

Click for Big Image

This is not from a seller I had bought from before, but the packing was acceptable, just a big "round and round" of bubble-wrap.

Click for Big Image

And deep within, we find this watch! It is a very unusual looking 1973 King Seiko VANAC, model 5626-723A. Yes, the "A" is correct. There are at least two different color versions of this (723A and B). These have a bulbous case, and very striking dial texture, along with the "four cut" faceted crystal.

Click for Big Image

They also feature a good 25 jewel, 28,800 bph automatic movement, that hand-winds and hacks, with an English/Kanji day wheel. Mine is in absolutely "NIB" condition, with it's original bracelet, a marvel for a 21+ year old watch.

Click for Big Image

Here is the signed crown. This watch also has a "quick-set" date and day, but don't use it between 10pm and 2am or you will break the little plastic "clutch". :098:

Click for Big Image

Here is the subject side.

Click for Big Image

A look at the case back.

Click for Big Image

A shot for the "claspers" :wacko:

Click for Big Image

Oh, here is a magazine ad that ninja01 found that shows my model with its bracelet.

And the bracelet seemed long enough, but the two hinged pieces underneath the clasp are so long (much longer than any other clasp I've seen) that it makes the bracelet too tight. That's too bad since the bracelet really "works" with the watch design, but I have a (top secret) solution in the works! :victory:

But never fear, I found a Seiko "Midnight Blue" strap that I think works well.

Click for Big Image

Click for Big Image

Okay, that's it for this one. You'd probably be shocked to know that I have also received a couple of other watches since late November, and I'll try and get their pictures posted as well! :redface:

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,744 Posts
Great looking watch, but it really needs the bracelet.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Beautiful watch...

Dutch, let me know the crystal part number you need, I have a few of these older faceted crystals for mens watches...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crystals!?

Beautiful watch...

Dutch, let me know the crystal part number you need, I have a few of these older faceted crystals for mens watches...
Dear sir,

Do you have a faceted crystal for a Lord Matic 5606-7310? I'm wearing mine today with a very scratched up crystal.

I think the Seiko part number is 300V62GCSF.

- Thomas

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice one Thomas....Good that the day/date works on it, so many 5000 series don't. And good luck finding the little plastic part.. They are impossible to find!
Charlie

·
Registered
549 Posts
join broker like jauce.com
and use chrome browser cos microsoft dont yet know how to do language translate.
and it will cost you an extra roughly 20% more than the sticker price you saw of 46000 yen.
that takes into account paypal currency conversion, broker fees and shipping costs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts