The Watch Site banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
33,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at this on The bay and thinking wow only $75 for a 6105 with a tropic but then i thought back to 71 and $75 would have been at least two weeks wages for me in them days (not earning much more now !! ha ha) so no way were Seiko cheap and if anything i would say that the average run of the mill Seiko is cheaper now than it was back then.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
IIRC the $75-$125 range that most divers were offered for in those years is somewhere in the $500-$600+ range today, so pricing is not that off. IMHO what is more amazing is that even when taking inflation and currency devaluation over time, that seiko is still offering solid divers for sale in the low to mid $100's (even if their MSRP's are often double that or more). Now that is impressive.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Too true, I am not a huge fan of the current Seiko divers but they are worth every penny and then some....

Isthmus said:
that seiko is still offering solid divers for sale in the low to mid $100's (even if their MSRP's are often double that or more). Now that is impressive.

·
Administrator
33,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not wishing to sound like a blasphemer but today i was looking in a local high street jewellers shop window, Seiko, Casio, citizen etc etc and each had display of about 30 or 40 watches and the Seiko ranged from about £75 to £450 and not one of them jumped out at me and said take me home, they looked just very "run of the mill" but then a couple of the citizen looked really smart and...........i even saw a couple of Casio that i liked !!

Apart from a few obvious exceptions i really think the 60s and 70s was when Seiko were at there best but by the same token that could more than likely just be my taste in watches, but when you compare current day prices for quality vintage Seiko to a lot of todays offerings the vintage look GREAT value, JMO of course :)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Thats not blasphemy is it??

I agree too, there is nothing under $800 for me that appeals in the Seiko lineup.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Carlo The Add is Saying for the 6105-800X That It has a Hacking Second Hand to Synchronize your watch so when SHE says Hey Carlo Lunch is at 1PM SHARP lol
you will be Prompt

CAIO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts