The Watch Site banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found my late Grandfather's old watch when I was checking through his belongings last weekend. He hadn't worn this one for many years so I cleaned it up and put in a fresh 390 cell this morning and it's still working ;) . From the design, my memory of him wearing it and the serial number 712473 I presume it's a January 1977 manufacture, but otherwise I don't know much about the watch. There is still some faint luminosity in the hands and tips of the hour markers. Looking forward to seeing how long the battery lasts compared with a modern watch and seeing if it's still accurate.
Pictures:

Here's the dial - a sort of sunburst brown, very 70's!

Caseback with battery hatch for easy cell changes

Back in service doing what it was designed to do. I've popped it onto a brown leather strap as the bracelet was pretty worn out.
CheersSteve

·
Registered
25 Posts
that's a lovely watch steve.i have a couple of 70's citizen crystrons(not mega) which keep excellent time +1 secs after 3 days.they also have the added bonus that the seconds hand hits the markers spot on all the way round the dial.they just feel so well made and have metal movements that(almost) fill the case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts