The Watch Site banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An important thread started by Isthmus in 2011 was called “SEIKO VINTAGE CATALOGS - 1960s - 1980s”. While it’s a great resource, there are a few important catalogs missing from the pdf collection. The most important of these are the two catalogs which chronicle Seiko's most pivotal year: 1968.

The 1968 set is the grail of Seiko catalogs!

The closest I've come to locating them on line are a few selected scans from The Grand Seiko Guy. But The Grand Seiko Guy’s site only shows the few pages that feature Grand Seikos. All of the other pages are excluded.

I used to think that outside of the Company’s archives, no Seiko catalog from 1968 had made it through. Now I know that scans do exist, they just haven't been put on the web.

If anyone knows the person known as The Grand Seiko Guy, it would be great if you could convince him to share both of the 1968 catalogs in pdf form. His website says that he ships from Switzerland, so I guess he lives there?

Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Grand Seiko Guy is Gerald Donovan, who is also behind WatchDXB (his other website, the fore-runner to The Grand Seiko Guy, which has just started undergoing a re-boot) - I believe he's based in Dubai. His Instagram handle is @watchdxb so perhaps you could try contacting him through there? He seems to be collaborating with Anthony Kable (akable, of various SEIKO forums - his website is Plus9Time) on the catalogue scans recently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts