The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I haven't been making threads lately other than an occasional WRUS. Rarely do I keep new arrivals but I found a great condition unpolished example 5717-8990 single pusher chrono I think I am going to keep for a while. Its the nicest black dial one I have found so far and it looks and runs perfectly. Also has the torch caseback from 1966. I know many thought at one point that the torch casebacks were only from 1964 but I have seen them late as 1967. This one has a very crisp engraving with very little wear. Love the bracelet as well :)

The 62mas is also from 1966, just one month apart from this one so I decided to share them together. Enjoy the photos. Thanks for looking.

Regards,
David Kim

·
Special Member
1,818 Posts
Congratulations, a great looking watch and that case back is fantastic.

Mine is from December 64 but has a well worn seahorse back.

I have also seen the torch back on cases from different years so it is not clear to me when and how this was selected for use.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
it is stunning...great find for sure...thank you for sharing

·
Registered
257 Posts
The 62mas is also from 1966, just one month apart from this one so I decided to share them together. Enjoy the photos. [/IMG][/URL]
Fantastic duo! Perfect example of watches that has something extra over the generic vintage piece. Wear with pride and respect - I would.

·
Registered
235 Posts
F- Nice Catch. A very good looking watch for 1966. I think I can see the Seiko 6139 Line evolving from this watch model about 4 years later but with an Automatic chronograph
to really enhance the package. You have a Very Nice Historic watch there that shows Seiko was definitely headed in the right direction with this watch in 1966.It is certainly a keeper.Wear it in good luck!-Eli

·
Special Member
1,984 Posts
what is the original bracelet for these? nice grab. I've always wanted one of these, but could never find a nice enough one.

<* shark >>><

1 - 19 of 19 Posts