The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Must admit I鈥檓 a Freeding Fan Of Guillaume N茅ry Being a Freediver myself and Guillaume is a Multiple World Champion And His Videos always push the Envelope That He and his wife does.This one is no Exception.
On a Big Screen TV this is amazing and just wanted to Share.

ONE BREATH AROUND THE WORLD:-

Registered
Awesome for sure. That guy operates like he has gills.
Intrigued by the thong thing he wears

Premium Member
I found myself gasping for air by the end of the video !!!

Very very cool. I wonder where he was at the beginning of the film - it looked like an underwater city. It was amazing.

Thanks for sharing Neilo!

Registered
I found it to be actually quite disorienting deep down. At times I struggled to figure if we were right side up or upside down ! Especially the scene at (5:50) where it looked like he was walking in shimmering pools of silver mercury...then I realized that they were pools of air he was walking in on the underside of a rock shelf !
I am still in awe of the fact that he can exert that kind of energy on a single breath of air. Run, jump, climb, fly, swim all requiring physical energy. Guillaume is as finely tuned an athlete as I have ever seen ! WOW !

Registered
I am in complete awe of the diver鈥檚 physical prowess. His ability to synthesize oxygen has to be about as good as it can be. Extreme athletes always impress me with what is possible to achieve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #8
Glad You Liked It Gentlemen and on a Horological Note He wears And is Sponsored By 鈥淏all鈥 Watches.
He has Done some fantastic Videos That Apart from the Freediving and Breath Holding aspect which are Feats in themselves,I鈥檝e been more impressed with the Locations and Artistry the Filmmaking Shows,Especially the Enormity And Clarity
Underwater.

Here鈥檚 another Few I rather Like which are Shorter but no Less impressive.馃憤

Registered

Registered
Great videos, thanks Neil. Sitting among all those sharks would be a bit nerve racking, but worth it. The whales definitely acknowledged his presence, one seemed to turn and watch him go by, then turned back to it's pod. His film team is definitely top notch too, fantastic shooting.

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #12
Amazing stuff, what's the record on one breath Neilo .
Currently Jimmy the Record Of No Limits Depth is held by Austrian Free Diver Herbert Nitsch.

He is the current freediving world record champion and "the deepest man on earth". This title was given to him when he set a world record in the "No Limits" discipline at the depth of 214 meters (702 feet) yeah 702 Feet and bear in mind he has to get back up from that depth馃檲 still holding his breath.
He surpassed his own No Limits depth with a dive in June 2012 to 253.2 meters (831 feet), suffering injury in the process.

The Apnea or (Breath Holding)as it鈥檚 known Non Oxygen Hyperventilating World Record:-

The current non-oxygen aided records stands at 11 minutes,35 seconds for men by St茅phane Mifsud,in 2009 and 8 minutes,23 seconds for women by Natalia Molchanova,in 2011).

The Apnea (Breath Holding) (Oxygen Hyperventilating Aided) World Record:-

In 2012, German freediver Tom Sietas held his breath underwater for 22 minutes and 22 seconds, beating Dane Stig Severinsen's previous Guinness record by 22 seconds. (Although Guinness still lists Severinsen as the record holder, stating he hyperventilated with oxygen before his attempt for 19 minutes and 30 seconds.)

Picture of Herbert Nitsch Deepest Freediver.

Attachments

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #14
Also For Reference The 鈥淣O LIMITS鈥 meaning is that the Freediver is Pulled Down underwater by a Sled.

The Methods Of Freediving Are:-

Constant Weight. In CWT freediving, the descent is made using only fins and a Mask using a small amount of weight to pull them down. ...

Free Immersion (FIM) ...Using A Rope To Pull yourself Down

Dynamic with Fins (DYN) Only A Mask And Fins in A Swimming Pool to Cover as Much Distance as Possible On one breath

Dynamic Without Fins (DNF) ...Only A Mask in a Swimming Pool To cover as Much Distance As Possible on one Breath

Static Apnea (STA) ...Breath Holding Face Down in a Swimming Pool

No Limit (NLT) divers use a heavy weight to pull themselves down,(Sled)then surface using a lift bag or counter-balance pulley system.

Registered
Amazing and terrifying all at once.

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #17
Amazing and terrifying all at once.

C Sir Not when your down there馃槷
It鈥檚 the strangest Feeling Apart from the Depth obviously it鈥檚 the Sounds you hear,Clicks,Pops,whales singing and a general Fizzing Sound.Takes your mind off Breath Holding.
Plus the Cold And Darkness 馃ザ as you go deeper but I love it and found it Euphorically Relaxing until you start needing a Breath then panic does set in and you have to push through.

The Normal person holding their Breath at what they think is their Max can actually hold out at least another 30 Seconds if pushed馃槣

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #19
11 min 35 sec is astonishing Neilo , I just sat on the sofa reading this and managed 1 min 43 secs :grin:
馃槀馃槀馃槀 most people do have a go when they read the time.Jimmy it鈥檚 all down to practice like everything.
You and I both know it鈥檚 the same with weights,Bench press for a while adding weight and before long your pressing a lot more than when you first started馃憤
When I鈥檓 walking I still pick a spot ahead or a tree or a lamp post and hold my breath to see if I can get there whilst walking.

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #20
I always feel that the Gravity video he did being pulled along by the underwater Current must be like being loose and untethered in space with no way to direct
Yourself.Scary Stuff馃槷

1 - 20 of 25 Posts