The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
29,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me and many other members today or in the next few days will be the tenth anniversary of the new SCWF, there have been changes, members have come and gone and come back, many new models have come our way, liked and loathed by some as is always the case but for me vintage 60s/70s still are and where Seiko's golden years plus the 1960s where the free love days (loved them) :)

Good luck to all and stay healthy and hopefully some of us will be around for the twentieth anniversary :)

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Nice sentiments there John. It's been quite a journey thus far! I find it hard to believe it's been 10 years since SCWF transitioned from the Networks54 format to what then became a format that we've become even more comfortable with. Now we have a change and while some may take issue with the adage that the more things change, the more they remain the same, for the most part members have remained passionate and helpful.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I lurked on the old forum and also on this one for the first couple of years. I haven't looked to see when my first post was, but I'm guessing 2012 or so. Great forum with many knowledgeable and friendly folk.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good comments. I've been around since Network54. I was gone for a bit then came back. I've learned a lot here and am very thankful for this group.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
ahhh.... so that's why Neilo and others who were here long before me are showing as joining round about the same as me.
I was sure I joined in 2008. The year I bought my first Seiko, my Orange Monster, off eBay for £70 ( it was second hand after all ).
I thought I was getting addled in my old age...

Anyway....Here's to the next 10 years. May they be happy and healthy ones for us all

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts
For me and many other members today or in the next few days will be the tenth anniversary of the new SCWF, there have been changes, members have come and gone and come back, many new models have come our way, liked and loathed by some as is always the case but for me vintage 60s/70s still are and where Seiko's golden years plus the 1960s where the free love days (loved them) :)

Good luck to all and stay healthy and hopefully some of us will be around for the twentieth anniversary :)
Thanks John and well said. It seems a lot longer than ten years to me and I haven't been on as long as a lot of you.
May the next 10 years be kind and prosperous to us all!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I was from the Network54 days. This was where I learn most about Seiko and I am thankful to the wisdom unselfishly shared by many of the senior members here. Good to be able to finally sign in again. Maybe not so active now but reading the threads is still nice feelin :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts