The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,314 Posts
it almost brought a tear to my eye watching this.

Absolutely fantastic. Good bless the owner for all he has done.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
What are the chances ? This guy spends $345.00 on a Rolex Paul Newman and never wears it because it's too nice, a Ref. 6263 that ends up being worth $500,000-$700,000 providing he never wears it. If he does it immediately goes down to the $400,000 price. Some peoples kids, huh ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am dubious about this one, it just seems too good to be true, and I am not sure that story checks out he is claiming that it is unworn but how did that sticker get so worn? Also (and I can't be sure) there appears to be some wear inside the clasp. I want to believe but, I would not buy that watch. You gotta admit that it was good television, they are getting views at a staggering rate which is what I believe they were after.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I am dubious about this one, it just seems too good to be true, and I am not sure that story checks out he is claiming that it is unworn but how did that sticker get so worn? Also (and I can't be sure) there appears to be some wear inside the clasp. I want to believe but, I would not buy that watch. You gotta admit that it was good television, they are getting views at a staggering rate which is what I believe they were after.
I did not get the impression he said he never wore the watch but wore it sparingly and only on special occasions. When not in use it was locked in his safe. He originally purchased the watch for diving, go figure, but decided it was too nice to dive in. Still a very desirable and collectable piece given its near NOS condition with all boxes and papers.

·
Registered
8,314 Posts
I agree - it's getting harder to believe anything these days. Just when you think something is genuine, it's proved otherwise.

However, I'm going to chose to believe this one. It took place on a reputable show and it's a feel good moment. An it's no doubt a grail of grail watches.

·
Registered
312 Posts
This makes me wish that I had purchased a Rolex Oyster, around 1980 that I was looking at for $1000. That was a lot of money back in 1980 though. What about all those comic books that I sold for a penny each, they must be worth thousands of dollars today ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts