The Watch Site banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Special Member
1,853 Posts
I have been taking a quick look through my collection and I estimate at least 40% of mine have problems with the QS.

With the units still in use the vast majority of these will have the plastic component and it is just a matter of time until they fail. This could be due to the material changing in size or just becoming brittle.

The already mentioned NOS items commanding high prices on Yahoo JP or eBay would indicate that there is a demand for these.

Without knowing how the manufacturing and design is implemented then it is difficult to determine the cost and therefore the real market potential.

If they can me manufactured for a reasonable price I think that there should be a clear market and with any luck it will be possible to manufacture these for a very low cost per unit and then sell at a quite high margin meaning that the costs should be recouped quickly.

I am sure no one expects to be getting rich from from this but with any luck this should not be done at a loss.

I am sure that this is a thread that we will come back and visit again as future milestones are reached and more information is determined.

· Special Member
1,853 Posts
The price estimates seem to be fair. A top target of $30 and if possible a lower cost towards $20 would be ideal.

People will pay a few dollars without too much thought but it does hit a psychological point and people then start to question the value of the whole process. As these watches are usually not very high value the repair part must make economic sense.

I also have not noticed a significant price differential for watches being sold with faulty correctors vs functioning ones. It seems to normally be more down to the general watch condition and appearance. Consequently the price for the replacement part needs to be quite low as the perceived value is not that high.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.