The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
¿1960's Newton Diver? 15j wind-up Cal; Fe 233-66 movement

Does anyone have ANY information regarding this watch or company? I just purchased the pictured watch via eBay. I found very little on the watch or company.

The auction stated the watch was from the 60's, which I believe based on the waterproof mark on the case back. The seller also stated the watch has a 15j wind-up Cal; Fe 233-66 movement. Case measures 40mm across and 12mm thick.

It also exclaimed the watch was French. I can find no information regarding the manufacturer of the watch or the country of origin. I did find another Newton Diver image having "Newton - Ancre 17 rubis" on the dial.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.!

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good and Bad.

The good is I found a fair amount of information about the movement. Manufactured in France. Across the border of Switzerland's watch making towns. Apparently, they manufactured some plain movements and sold them to various watchmakers or smaller companies who would place them in cases they manufactured. Sometimes they were left plan and other times the watchmaker would class it up a bit with their own finishings. Thank you Dutchsiberia and Wuppie.

The bad is I found out very little about the NEWTON watch manufacturer / company? I came across a few examples of their time pieces but nothing regarding their location, history or when they were in business.

I'm at a loss, but I can't wait for it to arrive.

Thank You.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts