The Watch Site banner

What are they?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  7s26b 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I posted a thread some time back hoping that the Gurus amongst you would be able to identify a small collection of ealy Seiko mechanical watches that I have accumilated over the years....Not much in the way of replies so this is a second attempt as any information must be better than none.
Are they of any value as I am hoping to use these to fund another watch?
Is there a collector amongst the forum who has been desperately looking for some of these Seiko Super S with Seikosha movements?

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
The watches were souced from junk shops, Ebay, gifts and a collection that my father had. He also left me a large collection of Bellmatics:( Business bell, 27j, 4005 date only, UFO, Numeric dialsand a load of 17j plus leds).
He was an avid collector and was kind enough to leave me his collection of vintage Omegas.
These Seiko Seikosha Super S watches are ...I think from the 1950s but there is almost nothing out there to confirm the history. Plenty on the later Marvels and 1940s Seikoshas.
On the images the top row cases measure about 28mm without the crown, Lower row are about 32mm and the single ladies watch is 21.6mm.
Some are screwback cases others pop-off. Some give a jewel count 7,10,17 others just position 3.
All are working. I think that one has been redialed as it looks just too new.Most cases are in an excellent condition with one or two showing some rust and flacking to the chrome.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.