Expandable Extender? - Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Phil_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austria
Posts: 1,448
Points: 204 (+)
Default Expandable Extender?

Has anyone an idea where I can source that wonderful expandable bracelet extenders? Got no pic at hand but it is a sort of extender with an extra built in „slide“ mechanism that works through a spring. Got two of them found on vintage watches but I would like to get some more. Any info is appreciated.
Phil_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-13-2019, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
MDNTRDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 46
Points: 0 (+)
Default

I believe they're called a divers clasp. It has a ratcheting mechanism to fit over a wetsuit. Good luck on your search.
MDNTRDR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2019, 05:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mwadner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 6,238
Points: 355 (+)
Default

Hey Phil - I've bought a few from this eBay seller before and they are pretty nice quality. I have one installed on one of my 7017 bracelets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10mm-12mm-1...ss!98258!US!-1
__________________
There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth …. (from "The International")
mwadner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Pippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Berkshire, England
Posts: 1,609
Points: 96 (+)
Default

That’s the same style I have bought a few of due to tiny Japanese bracelets not quite fitting my hugely muscular and manly wrists.
I’m in UK and buy them from an eBay seller called RedRoosterUK iirc.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pippy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 01:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Phil_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austria
Posts: 1,448
Points: 204 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwadner View Post
Hey Phil - I've bought a few from this eBay seller before and they are pretty nice quality. I have one installed on one of my 7017 bracelets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10mm-12mm-1...ss!98258!US!-1
Perfect, thanks Mike.
Phil_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 01:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Phil_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austria
Posts: 1,448
Points: 204 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
That’s the same style I have bought a few of due to tiny Japanese bracelets not quite fitting my hugely muscular and manly wrists.
I’m in UK and buy them from an eBay seller called RedRoosterUK iirc.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I bought some normal extenders there, but I didn‘t know he’s got the spring extenders too. Will have a look, thanks.
Phil_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 03:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
imexian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Sileby, near Loughborough Leicestershire
Posts: 496
Points: 24 (+)
Default Sliding bracelet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_G View Post
Has anyone an idea where I can source that wonderful expandable bracelet extenders? Got no pic at hand but it is a sort of extender with an extra built in „slide“ mechanism that works through a spring. Got two of them found on vintage watches but I would like to get some more. Any info is appreciated.
Is this the original type you see on say “silverwave” divers you mean?
If so yes I’m always looking for one of those!
imexian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 04:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Phil_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austria
Posts: 1,448
Points: 204 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imexian View Post
Is this the original type you see on say “silverwave” divers you mean?

If so yes I’m always looking for one of those!


Here are two pics of it. First it is in normal extender mode, second shows the extra extension that is mounted on a spring. It’s the one Mike gave the link for. Don’t know if this is on the Silverwaves too.


Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Phil_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 04:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
imexian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Sileby, near Loughborough Leicestershire
Posts: 496
Points: 24 (+)
Default

Phil, that’s not what I was thinking, the silverwave has a built in spring loaded extender.
If you google it you’ll see what I mean.
But that one you have shown would be good for a couple of watches I have.
Where are they from?
imexian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 07:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Phil_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austria
Posts: 1,448
Points: 204 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imexian View Post
Phil, that’s not what I was thinking, the silverwave has a built in spring loaded extender.
If you google it you’ll see what I mean.
But that one you have shown would be good for a couple of watches I have.
Where are they from?


They were already on the watches I bought. Due to the spring extension part they are very comfortable to wear.


Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Phil_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 06:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Pippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Berkshire, England
Posts: 1,609
Points: 96 (+)
Default

My belief is that old LordMatic’s from a certain age came with spring extender clasps instead of extendable bracelets. The ones I have seen with this do not have removable links. It seems to be either / or, which is why I believe these to be OEM.

And apologies, the ones I bought from eBay are normal and not sprung, I misunderstood your original question.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pippy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 06:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Phil_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Austria
Posts: 1,448
Points: 204 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
My belief is that old LordMatic’s from a certain age came with spring extender clasps instead of extendable bracelets. The ones I have seen with this do not have removable links. It seems to be either / or, which is why I believe these to be OEM.

And apologies, the ones I bought from eBay are normal and not sprung, I misunderstood your original question.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could be that they once were as standard on some watches. I remember my aha moment as I found out about the spring part:-) Sorry that I gave a bad explanation, something I am good at:-)
Phil_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
75ft Flexible Expandable Water Hose JohnWN OFF-TOPIC 3 12-05-2013 04:17 PM
FS: 19, 20, &22mm Fat Spring Bars & 16mm Clasp Extender $6 - $12 Shipped CONUS m92065 SEIKO & CITIZEN TRADING POST 2 11-19-2013 10:40 AM
WTB: Bracelet Extender preferably in Titanium Lynxcomp SEIKO & CITIZEN TRADING POST 0 04-30-2011 05:48 AM
Need Help extender for 20MM bracelet POPPOPRAZZ THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM 6 01-12-2011 05:21 PM
FS: Lot of 8 Vintage Expandable Steel Bracelets Used USD$30 OBO veedub SEIKO & CITIZEN TRADING POST 0 08-03-2010 10:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.