|03-10-2010, 12:07 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY, NY
Points: 50 (+)
Seiko & citizen trading post rules
SEIKO CITIZEN TRADING POSTING RULES
The following Rules are a subset and addition to the Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum’s Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum Terms Of Service And Use. All abbreviations used but not defined in these Seiko Citizen Trading Posting Rules (the “Rules”) shall have the meaning assigned to them in the Terms.
The Seiko Citizen Trading Post (“SCTP”) is primarily a venue for Forum collectors and hobbyists to buy, sell, and trade timepieces from brands owned by Japanese watch companies, as well as various watch accessories. The SCTP is provided as a courtesy to Forum members. Neither the SCWF, this Site, its owners, employees or the SCWF staff are responsible for the content, claims, or results of any transaction conducted as a result of an advertisement posted in the SCTP. All sales, trades and purchases made through SCTP are the sole responsibilities of the individual parties involved – in other words, trade at your own risk. You may email any SCWF staff members to report problematic trading partners on the SCTP, but do not expect them to act as mediators in any disputes. Any Forum members or outside parties wishing to list items for sale or trade, who respond to any listing in the SCTP, and/or who engage in any transactions listed in the SCTP, agree to abide and be bound by all Forum Terms and Rules and by the following:
1. NO AUCTION POSTS or links of any kind are allowed and no links to off-site sales/store websites, notifications of auctions, posting of auction numbers, or links to items offered on other websites or forums.
2. SEVEN DAY WAITING PERIOD if the watch or watch related item you wish to sell or trade has been the subject of a post elsewhere on SCWF, with or without photos.
3. Any item listed in the SCTP must be in the possession of the seller/trader at the time of the posting. In other words, no posting an item you just bought or intend to buy and do not yet have in your possession.
4. Title (subject line) of all posts MUST indicate FS, FSOT, WTT, WTB, or FREE and with a brief description of the item(s) or service(s) being offered along with its PRICE (if an item is being offered FS or FSOT). Please, no added "windings" or other visual hooks such as CAPS or !!!. If more than one item is being offered for sale in a single sales post, posting the prices on the title is considered to be more important than claims such as "RARE," "MINTY," etc.
5. It is required that the body of every post on SCTP MUST INCLUDE:
EXCEPTION: Those listings identified as "OFFERS INVITED" do not need a price listed in the subject line or in the body of the post.
It is suggested that participants also include the following in their offers:
6. DO NOT REMOVE PRICES FROM YOUR LISTINGS AFTER AN ITEM SELLS OR IS WITHDRAWN AND DO NOT REMOVE THE CONTENTS OF THE LISTING. Traders are encouraged to edit your post(s) to mark an item SOLD or TRADED or WITHDRAWN in the subject line, but do not remove/alter the listed sales price or the contents of the post after an item is sold, traded or withdrawn. If you do, you put your trading privileges at risk and the Moderators will restore the information.
7. Once every 24 hours (based upon timestamp of original/previous posting) a trader may "bump" an unsold/untraded item to the top of the SCTP by replying to his/her post. *
8. You may only have five (5) active posts on the SCTP at a time (including "bumps") and no more than five (5) items per post. "Active posts" means the cumulative total of all your SCTP posts regardless of whether they are posted as FS, FSOT, WTT, or WTB. This posting limit includes commercial sellers. If more than five (5) posts by a single trader are found to be active, the mods will remove the most recent post.
9. Non-Japanese watches may only be offered as a trade consideration (WTT) for a Japanese watch. All WTT posts must describe the watch(es) being offered (including photos) and the watch(es) desired.
10. Weapons or weapons related items of any kind may not be listed for trade or sale anywhere in the SCTP.
11. NO "PROMOTING" - in other words, do not post links to SCTP offers on the Forum or its sub-forums.
12. Do NOT list any fake or counterfeit replica watches or accessories. Homage or "sterile" watches without false branding (for trade) and modified Japanese watches (for any transaction type) are acceptable.
* Note: All second-party replies to SCTP posts have been stopped by the forum's software. All communications between traders should be accomplished via:
Please remember that SCTP participants are an international audience. Please factor that into response times to emails, personal messages or any other communications with traders, and keep in mind that many may speak English as a second (or third or fourth) language. The SCWF staff will remove posts they consider offensive, in bad taste, or otherwise inappropriate or not in keeping with the Terms and Rules. Best of luck with all your transactions. If you have any questions feel free to contact any SCWF staff member via the Forum’s private messaging system. You may also use the "Report to Moderator" option associated with every post on these forums.
Practice caution and remember: CAVEAT EMPTOR ("Let the Buyer Beware"). Ask questions. "Buy the seller" and use common sense in your dealings.
Please use the "Report to Moderator" link at the bottom left of the post to inform us of questionable posts/responses. This sends a message to each moderator and allows us to quickly respond. Thank you.
Last edited by JohnWN; 10-10-2013 at 02:19 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Trading Post||84maroon||THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM||15||10-08-2013 12:49 AM|
|Trading Board Rules: Is this just a joke?||Scoobadoo||THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM||53||07-30-2012 11:50 AM|
|MINIMUM of 20 discussion area posts needed to post on SEIKO-Citizen Trading Post||JohnWN||THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM||0||11-29-2011 03:36 PM|
|Trading Post Rules Have Been Updated...||Isthmus||THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM||2||04-10-2010 09:26 PM|