The Watch Site banner

My second Swiss.......

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  J0kerz 
#1 · (Edited)
Last March, I attended a RedBar gathering here in Calgary. This particular venue was sponsored by Oris which spawned a wee bit of yearning for one watch in particular, the Oris 65 Heritage Diver. I was fortunate enough to try it on and then buy one second hand. At the same time, I recall seeing their Big Crown Pointer Date models and ever since then, I felt something else starting to germinate. Now I couldn't remember whether I tried it on then so today I went to a local AD and strapped one to my wrist. Big mistake, I was smitten and I subsequently caved. The AD was extremely helpful and also gave me a discount that they had offered to those in attendance at the March event. Ok, enough rambling, here she is....the 40mm Big Crown Pointer Date. I reckon I've become a fanboy......

See less See more
#8 ·
You know Mike, I might just wear it all the time;) Seriously though, it's a pretty cool watch although I have yet to see the pointer date complication in action. Think I'll set it just for the experience......good grief, I gotta get a life!

#7 ·
Last March, I attended a RedBar gathering here in Calgary. This particular venue was sponsored by Oris which spawned a wee bit of yearning for one watch in particular, the Oris 65 Heritage Diver. I was fortunate enough to try it on and then buy one second hand. At the same time, I recall seeing their Big Crown Pointer Date models and ever since then, I felt something else starting to germinate. Now I couldn't remember whether I tried it on then so today I went to a local AD and strapped one to my wrist. Big mistake, I was smitten and I subsequently caved. The AD was extremely helpful and also gave me a discount that they had offered to those in attendance at the March event. Ok, enough rambling, here she is....the 40mm Big Crown Pointer Date. I reckon I've become a fanboy......

This is super nice...has been on my wish list for quite some time...congrats!

#13 ·
It is a nice change, Thian. Funny you should mention the snow....last week of Sept we got roughly 24cm that subsequently melted and then on Tuesday of this week we got 10-15cm, that is also melting so that's ok for now. There's no denying the inevitable however. I don't shovel, I let the landscapers at our condo development do that ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.