The Watch Site banner

What Citizen do you have in the mail ? :)

56K views 389 replies 86 participants last post by  Wimm 
#1 ·
We have a Seiko post running so how about a Citizen one ?

This is rare for me but I have two Citizen in the post, they may both be dead but I live in hope :) i'm pretty sure that if parts/spares where more readily available I would have a lot more because Citizen quality and model range is superb imo.

See less See more
#361 ·
This one is on it's way, coming back, being returned, as the buyer insists that it is a fake. Funny, Citizen is clearly labeled on the movement back, it's probably the 20th or so of these that I have restored, and I had no idea that anyone would even try to manufacture a counterfeit titanium case, along with a bogus solar powered analog/digital movement. But, you learn something new every day, in this case, it's bulls%%t.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Material property Silver

#366 ·
So here is my latest purchase
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Watch accessory Material property Analog watch Circle

I can't find this on any web sites or in any of my citizen catalogs, I do believe it's a genuine Citizen
It's got the 2520A Citizen movement from 1972/3 its never going to be considered a diver by any stretch
but it's still an interesting fit in my collection with the very basic watch back.

#367 · (Edited)
Yep up late last night and.............
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Silver

Its Citizen Crystate (21 Jewels), & Crystate Deluxe (22 Jewels), the Star denotes a quality movement, produced between 1967 - 1973,
apparently both in a white face or black face.
These are the watches that lead to the development and introduction of the Citizen Chronomaster, which still use a similar case design.
to me, very cool, very collectable,

#373 ·
I've been keeping my eye open for a Diamond Flake for a while. I spotted this rather unloved example on YJ. Close scrutiny of the photos persuaded me that, beneath the shagged crystal, there was a dial and hands that were in pretty good condition so put in a bid. Or two. And here it is:

Watch Analog watch Blue Clock Font

Everything is in very good condition bar a few very small blemishes on the dial.

Now the quest begins for a new crystal. If any one here has any pointers as how to track one down I would be very grateful. If only there was as many Citizen documents as there are Seiko ones....

#390 ·
I haven't had a new watch for a few months now and I'm not entirely sure why I was looking for another Citizen Quartz. I tracked this one down to Texas. After traveling the length of the States three times (Tx, Il, Tx and then to NJ). it crossed the pond.

It is in a lovely condition but not working (which I knew). I had the back off and, unfortunately, there are signs of the dreaded blue gunk so I will need to track down a working module. I can't wait to get it up and running.

I love the colour coded pushers on these old Citizens, they are a really nice detail.

View attachment 521443

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.