The Watch Site banner

What Citizen do you have in the mail ? :)

56K views 389 replies 86 participants last post by  Wimm 
#1 ·
We have a Seiko post running so how about a Citizen one ?

This is rare for me but I have two Citizen in the post, they may both be dead but I live in hope :) i'm pretty sure that if parts/spares where more readily available I would have a lot more because Citizen quality and model range is superb imo.

See less See more
#331 ·
I'm pretty excited to get this 5501 in the mail (actually, it was delivered yesterday)

What's so special about it, you ask? It's the exact same watch as my father's 3801 that I documented here. I'm guessing the 3801 and 5501 are very similar in size and height so the cases interchange as well. First impressions are positive; the case has no corrosion and the dial, hands and chapter ring is about 95%. I think a new crystal and a quick polish on the bezel will make this presentable!
The 3801 I documented last year-

#347 ·
Citizen Moanco 67-9071
Watch Analog watch Everyday carry Clock Silver

Its my latest purchase, similar movement as the challenge timers (8100), but the 8110 has an hour totaliser, this one however has a "black" dial and the hands have been changed /painted ?. Originally they came in a gree dial or a gold dial, with the green refecting a gold hue in some lights, so this one is a bit of a project for me.

#349 ·
My fourth Cosmotron arrived on Friday. I had meant to stop but then I saw this dial and put a speculative bid in.

Has to swap straps as the one it came on started to fall apart but I think red suits it better.

Currently running at +8spd which isn't bad. The case has been polished although not overly so, but I'm not fussed as it is all about the dial. Not sure the compression of the images helps so I might take some more with my macro lens.

#359 · (Edited)
So here's a new project,
Analog watch Watch Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tool

The watch had been on Japanese Yahoo for some time at a low price, but who's going to pick it up with a damaged Bezel.As we all know bezels like these are impossable to replace............(apart from the couple of grubby ones on ebay)
then late one night, Bang got both within an hour of each other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.