The Watch Site banner

Stolen seiko 6105-8110

Tags
seiko
5K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  JordanAstley 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Am new to this forum as a friend recommend it to me to help track down my late grandfather stolen seiko 6105-8110. So unfortunately my apartment at the university of Bristol, England was burgled recently, and my two watches were stolen. My seiko skx on a strapcode endmill bracelet (like Rolex president ?) and my late grandfathers seiko 6105-8110. This 6105 in particular means a lot to me and I miss it a great deal since he wore it almost exclusively as a scuba diver working all around the world. He survived being held hostage by pirates and many years of dangerous work wearing it. If anyone by any chance at all has any knowledge of these watches whereabouts it would be much appreciated. The skx was the 007 model and I received it for my 18th birthday. Many thanks for your time. The 6105 serial number is I believe 421111. If anyone has come across either of these watches I am willing to pay good money for there safe return.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear, and welcome. Do you have any pictures of said watches as you might find the caseback is changed or the serial number changed. 42 of your serial means it's a February 1974 model. Was your SKX a J or K version? Did it have "21 jewels" written on the dial?

Fingers crossed you manage to track them down. Have you tried local cash converter shops and places like that? Depending on how recently it might also be an idea to keep an eye on Ebay or go through old completed listings.

#8 ·
I believe his stolen watch was a 6105-8110 model ser. # 421111 just to be sure. I am sure we all wish you great success in recovering them. There are many great folks who wish you well. Check pawn shops and all used sales sites where quick money could be gotten for them. So sorry for your loss.

#11 · (Edited)
Caseback images

Hi All,
thanks for such a great response!
Sadly I don't know what the Skx serial number was, but it was a K model without the 21 jewels. The 6105 however I do know the serial number since I have pictures of the watch and case-back.
I have been around many local pawn shops but I guess there is always more to check like gum tree etc.
thanks in advance.

Attachments

#15 ·
I am on eBay daily and will keep an eye out for your Grandfather’s watch. Sorry you had this happen. As for the SKX, May I suggest you buy another one, while you still can, as they have recently been discontinued, though there is still plenty of available stock.
Welcome to the forum.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#16 ·
will keep a eye out for it as well...can we ask where it was stole from?...USA or overseas?...God Bless,John

#20 ·
Sorry for the loss of your watches. Did you take any pictures of the 6105? Any distinguishing marks or inscriptions on the watch to be on the lookout for? What kind of strap or bracelet was the 6105 on?

#21 ·
Sorry for your loss, if the 6105 is "recognizable" your local pawn shops and boot sales will be your best bet, the case back swap would be if it was someone "in the know" and then ebay UK is the likely venue. It would take a while for a burgled to show up here on a collectors forum maybe even years really. Here in Florida if you had pics and filed a police report with them you would get the watch back free of charge if you found it, emphasis on the "you found it" since it is not law enforcement's job to find stolen goods, here anyway. My wife and I pawnshop a lot and know the owners of the shops we frequent, they all attempt to not buy stolen goods at all and if they do they make it right when possible. Good luck on your search! Post pics if you can, there is a "saying" on all the fora "post pics or it didn't happen"

#23 ·
It was fairly beaten up like a lot of 6105 examples. When I lost it it was on a generic rubber strap with I think a honey comb pattern on the outside and the stretchy expansion waves. Other than the serial number there is not much more I can say about it unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.