The Watch Site banner

Please help, newbie bellmatic owner

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  sossity 
#1 ·
I picked up a great condition Bellmatic off the bay. I am an avid watch collector, have mostly divers, but have always been a fan for Seikos.

Can someone explain how to set the watch, is it quick set on the day of the week?

How do I set the alarm, change the inner bezel time?

Any advice would be helpful...thanks

#2 ·
1- crown pull in: wind the alarm
2- crown pull on first position rotates the inner ring to set the alarm. Point the arc of the ring to the desired time.
3- crown pull out on second position set hour. The day is adjusted by passing the hours.

Push upper button to quick set the date, pull out the push button to activate the alarm. When hour passes the choosen alarm time the alarm will sound.
To stop the alarm push back the pusher button.

#5 ·
As to the day of the week, it's not quick-set, but you can go back and forth between about 9 PM and about 1:00 am to advance the day, so you don't have to cycle through 24 hours. I only wear mine a few times a year, so it takes some time to get it set properly. But, it's worth the effort. :)

#8 ·
Do some experimenting to make sure you know when the hour hand will trigger relative to the alarm indicator. Mine triggers about 20 minutes before the bezel arrow says it should. I should probably get that fixed (and get the watch serviced), but I've just gotten used to it over the past 18 years...

#11 ·
Yep, that's probably correct. Mine was re-furbished (by a watchmaker I respect) when I got, it, but I expect that he was distracted when he set the alarm bezel. Nearly two decades ago. No hard feelings - it's not the first one I've heard of that was off-set for whatever reason. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.