Anthony Bourdain's Watch Collection - Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2019, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mwadner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 6,862
Points: 380 (+)
Default Anthony Bourdain's Watch Collection

I saw this a couple days ago - Anthony had an interesting collection of watches. I find it interesting to see what celebrities who have the means end up with for watches. The link:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/an...on-up-for-sale

For me, more importantly, I wanted to watch his series, "Parts Unknown" for a long time and forgot. With this recent article I started watching the series - what a great show and great theme. It's very low keyed and he travels to amazing places talking about food and culture. My wife and I are looking forward to going thru all the episodes this fall and winter.

What a tragedy to lose yet again another gifted soul. God Speed Anthony.

Oh yeah, and PS - there is some AWESOME music in his shows. Here's a link to the tunes. Happy exploring.

https://partsunknownmusic.com
__________________
There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth …. (from "The International")

Last edited by mwadner; 10-13-2019 at 06:50 PM.
mwadner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
850champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Metro manila
Posts: 2,050
Points: 61 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwadner View Post
I saw this a couple days ago - Anthony had an interesting collection of watches. I find it interesting to see what celebrities who have the means end up with for watches. The link:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/an...on-up-for-sale

For me, more importantly, I wanted to watch his series, "Parts Unknown" for a long time and forgot. With this recent article I started watching the series - what a great show and great theme. It's very low keyed and he travels to amazing places talking about food and culture. My wife and I are looking forward to going thru all the episodes this fall and winter.

What a tragedy to lose yet again another gifted soul. God Speed Anthony.

Oh yeah, and PS - there is some AWESOME music in his shows. Here's a link to the tunes. Happy exploring.

https://partsunknownmusic.com
Tragic that depression would claim someone that many of us would have thought wildly successful and envied. He was good at his job and made a genuine effort to understand the local scenery
__________________
"I like what a father said to his son when he gave him a watch that had been handed down through generations. He said "I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire, which will fit your individual needs no better than it did mine or my father's before me, I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you may forget it for a moment now and then and not spend all of your breath trying to conquer it." - Dale from The Walking Dead
850champion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mwadner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 6,862
Points: 380 (+)
Default

That he did. We are enjoying the show immensely - he was a real gem.
__________________
There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth …. (from "The International")
mwadner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2019, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas gulf coast
Posts: 4,148
Points: 270 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwadner View Post
I saw this a couple days ago - Anthony had an interesting collection of watches. I find it interesting to see what celebrities who have the means end up with for watches. The link:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/an...on-up-for-sale

For me, more importantly, I wanted to watch his series, "Parts Unknown" for a long time and forgot. With this recent article I started watching the series - what a great show and great theme. It's very low keyed and he travels to amazing places talking about food and culture. My wife and I are looking forward to going thru all the episodes this fall and winter.

What a tragedy to lose yet again another gifted soul. God Speed Anthony.

Oh yeah, and PS - there is some AWESOME music in his shows. Here's a link to the tunes. Happy exploring.

https://partsunknownmusic.com


I could have sworn that he also used a black dial, smooth bezel 115200 oyster date on several of the episodes. Maybe I’ve been mistaken the blue dial, but don’t think so.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reynaldo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2019, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mwadner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 6,862
Points: 380 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynaldo View Post
I could have sworn that he also used a black dial, smooth bezel 115200 oyster date on several of the episodes. Maybe I’ve been mistaken the blue dial, but don’t think so.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's also possible that a few watches were kept by family, and the rest auctioned off. I would hope some of his watches stay with family.
__________________
There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth …. (from "The International")
mwadner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2019, 01:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas gulf coast
Posts: 4,148
Points: 270 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwadner View Post
It's also possible that a few watches were kept by family, and the rest auctioned off. I would hope some of his watches stay with family.


Let me know if you spot it or if maybe I was mistaken when you see the series.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reynaldo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2019, 02:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mwadner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 6,862
Points: 380 (+)
Default

will do ... really enjoying the show ...
__________________
There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth …. (from "The International")

Last edited by mwadner; 10-19-2019 at 02:32 PM. Reason: typo
mwadner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Vette Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: NOVA
Posts: 680
Points: 43 (+)
Default

Thanks for sharing the link to Bourdain's watches. An interesting main to say the least.
__________________
____________
--John S.--
Vette Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 02:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mwadner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 6,862
Points: 380 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Enthusiast View Post
Thanks for sharing the link to Bourdain's watches. An interesting main to say the least.
:-)
__________________
There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth …. (from "The International")
mwadner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.