WRUW SCWF On “Moanday”30th September 2019”👍 - Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2019, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
AqualandKing
 
TheNeilo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 16,957
Points: 1,392 (+)
Default WRUW SCWF On “Moanday”30th September 2019”👍

Good Morning Ladies And Gents.🌞 Yes “Moanday is Here” So Let’s Get Those Watches On Show 👍

Wrist Wise Today My Thoughts Were”Lets Wear A Watch You Don’t Mind Getting Dirty”😜

So I’m Choosing to Go With One Of My Casio “Mudman“Today For A Change👍⌚️
Model (G-9000) Positive Dial.

Click on each picture for a better view👍


“Monday’s” T Shirt and Headphone Choice


Mondays Neilo Quote:-

“My Coffee Today Being A Moanday Is Definitely Medicinal😜😂
__________________
It is like a Finger Pointing away to the Moon."Dont Concentrate on the Finger or you will Miss all the Heavenly Glory"

TheNeilo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following Member Awarded A Point to TheNeilo1 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-30-2019, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GTR83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia - GMT +7
Posts: 273
Points: 9 (+)
Default

Nice G-Shock there, you reminded me that I also have one. Today I'm wearing the plucky Seiko SNE498 on the engineer bracelet. Ready for adventure!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
__________________
Big fan of COSC - Casio, Orient, Seiko and Citizen
GTR83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 12:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
AqualandKing
 
TheNeilo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 16,957
Points: 1,392 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
Nice G-Shock there, you reminded me that I also have one. Today I'm wearing the plucky Seiko SNE498 on the engineer bracelet. Ready for adventure!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
GTR Sir Thank you,I don’t mind this model with the Positive Display But I also have the Negative Dial which is a Hard Watch To Read.
Seems we have the same taste as I also have that Bracelet which I bought for my Emperor Tuna But never liked it on the watch now it’s on my Baby Tuna.
Your SNE498 I Love 👍⌚️And the Gold Bezel is on my list to go with the Gold Bezel New Arnie.
I’ve been too busy buying headphones lately with my ££££🙈👍🎧
__________________
It is like a Finger Pointing away to the Moon."Dont Concentrate on the Finger or you will Miss all the Heavenly Glory"

TheNeilo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-30-2019, 12:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GTR83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia - GMT +7
Posts: 273
Points: 9 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeilo1 View Post
GTR Sir Thank you,I don’t mind this model with the Positive Display But I also have the Negative Dial which is a Hard Watch To Read.

Seems we have the same taste as I also have that Bracelet which I bought for my Emperor Tuna But never liked it on the watch now it’s on my Baby Tuna.

Your SNE498 I Love ️And the Gold Bezel is on my list to go with the Gold Bezel New Arnie.

I’ve been too busy buying headphones lately with my ££££
Yep Neilo Sir, my Mudman is a G-9000BP bought in 2010 or thereabouts, I almost never wear it anymore due to the negative display which made it very hard to read for my 36 year old eyes

I personally think only the solar tunas and 300m tunas look cohesive with bracelets, the case on the bigger tunas overwhelm the bracelets' width by quite a margin. Of course no offense to anyone who actually likes the look. Wonder why these SNE solar tunas seem to not be that popular, maybe because it's very light so it doesn't feel like a big gent's proper watch?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
__________________
Big fan of COSC - Casio, Orient, Seiko and Citizen
GTR83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 12:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
AqualandKing
 
TheNeilo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 16,957
Points: 1,392 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
Yep Neilo Sir, my Mudman is a G-9000BP bought in 2010 or thereabouts, I almost never wear it anymore due to the negative display which made it very hard to read for my 36 year old eyes

I personally think only the solar tunas and 300m tunas look cohesive with bracelets, the case on the bigger tunas overwhelm the bracelets' width by quite a margin. Of course no offense to anyone who actually likes the look. Wonder why these SNE solar tunas seem to not be that popular, maybe because it's very light so it doesn't feel like a big gent's proper watch?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
GTR Sir I Concur.
Try 55yr old eyes Like Mine when you get there with Negative Dials😂And No Glasses!!🙈

I think the SNE498 Gold Bezel Version at a Glance Looks like the 1000m Golden Tuna And I have borrowed Mikes one (Pollyc) which he kindly sent me and yes although light in weight probably due to the Plastic Shroud I still loved the watch and it’s Size even though for my Size And Wrists 50mm is about my minimum size usually with Divers.Proper Size Watches😜
I like to know I’m Wearing a Watch👍
__________________
It is like a Finger Pointing away to the Moon."Dont Concentrate on the Finger or you will Miss all the Heavenly Glory"

TheNeilo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 01:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
S.L
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 2,161
Points: 222 (+)
Default

S.L is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 01:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 94
Points: 6 (+)
Default

Sea monster, it's easy to wash off and that bezel is grippable in any situation

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sarbie; 09-30-2019 at 01:48 AM.
Sarbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 02:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mwadner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 7,783
Points: 415 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeilo1 View Post
Good Morning Ladies And Gents.🌞 Yes “Moanday is Here” So Let’s Get Those Watches On Show 👍

Wrist Wise Today My Thoughts Were”Lets Wear A Watch You Don’t Mind Getting Dirty”😜

So I’m Choosing to Go With One Of My Casio “Mudman“Today For A Change👍⌚️
Model (G-9000) Positive Dial.

Click on each picture for a better view👍


“Monday’s” T Shirt and Headphone Choice


Mondays Neilo Quote:-

“My Coffee Today Being A Moanday Is Definitely Medicinal😜😂

Nice one Neilo - it has one of the best backlights of any of the G-Shocks - love it!
__________________
Salvation will not come from the rushing centers of civilization, deliverance will come from the lonely places - Fridtjof Wedel-Jarlsberg Nansen
mwadner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 02:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
zeke441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tennessee USA
Posts: 4,286
Points: 384 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeilo1 View Post
Good Morning Ladies And Gents. Yes “Moanday is Here” So Let’s Get Those Watches On Show



Wrist Wise Today My Thoughts Were”Lets Wear A Watch You Don’t Mind Getting Dirty”



So I’m Choosing to Go With One Of My Casio “Mudman“Today For A Change

Model (G-9000) Positive Dial.



Click on each picture for a better view





“Monday’s” T Shirt and Headphone Choice





Mondays Neilo Quote:-



“My Coffee Today Being A Moanday Is Definitely Medicinal
Good morning Neil. Liking that Mudman in classic black G-Shock, very nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
__________________
"A man that wears a watch shows that being on time is important"
Pops - 1979 when he gave me my 1st real watch.

Seiko Saviors
zeke441 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 02:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
zeke441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tennessee USA
Posts: 4,286
Points: 384 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.L View Post
That's nice, I do like the analog hand models more than all LCD display.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
__________________
"A man that wears a watch shows that being on time is important"
Pops - 1979 when he gave me my 1st real watch.

Seiko Saviors
zeke441 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 02:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
qship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Down under - Melbin
Posts: 742
Points: 66 (+)
Default

Thinning the herd. Testing some 7a38s over the next few days before chucking them up for sale. Bit of old titanium today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
__________________
A man with one watch knows the time - A man with 2 watches is never certain.
qship is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 02:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
zeke441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tennessee USA
Posts: 4,286
Points: 384 (+)
Default

One of my favorites, I don't know why I don't wear it more often though.

5126-7000 March 1968



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
__________________
"A man that wears a watch shows that being on time is important"
Pops - 1979 when he gave me my 1st real watch.

Seiko Saviors
zeke441 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following Member Awarded A Point to zeke441 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 02:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RossR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 794
Points: 72 (+)
Default

Public holiday over here.


Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
RossR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following Member Awarded A Point to RossR For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 02:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
AqualandKing
 
TheNeilo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 16,957
Points: 1,392 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwadner View Post
Nice one Neilo - it has one of the best backlights of any of the G-Shocks - love it!
Hey Mike Sir,Morning my friend and thank You.Yes Glows Like a The Proverbial Torch this one.Smaller than I thought it would be when I bought it but it’s very light and easy to read.👍⌚️
Hows the Sub Restore Going,I imagine you’ve not had much time on it.
__________________
It is like a Finger Pointing away to the Moon."Dont Concentrate on the Finger or you will Miss all the Heavenly Glory"

TheNeilo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 02:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
AqualandKing
 
TheNeilo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 16,957
Points: 1,392 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke441 View Post
Good morning Neil. Liking that Mudman in classic black G-Shock, very nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Good Morning Jerry Sir And Thank You,They all need some love and wrist time but it’s just getting through them😜👍👍
__________________
It is like a Finger Pointing away to the Moon."Dont Concentrate on the Finger or you will Miss all the Heavenly Glory"

TheNeilo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 02:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
AqualandKing
 
TheNeilo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 16,957
Points: 1,392 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qship View Post
Thinning the herd. Testing some 7a38s over the next few days before chucking them up for sale. Bit of old titanium today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jeffrey Sir what’s this word “Thinning”😂
Thicken I Understand😜 I do like the 7A Chrono Models But never owned one.
I know they are very Highly rated👍⌚️
__________________
It is like a Finger Pointing away to the Moon."Dont Concentrate on the Finger or you will Miss all the Heavenly Glory"

TheNeilo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 02:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
AqualandKing
 
TheNeilo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 16,957
Points: 1,392 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke441 View Post
One of my favorites, I don't know why I don't wear it more often though.

5126-7000 March 1968



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Oooh Jerry Sir that is Nice.Black Dial And Nice Bracelet.
Note To Self:-Wear more Often😜👍⌚️
__________________
It is like a Finger Pointing away to the Moon."Dont Concentrate on the Finger or you will Miss all the Heavenly Glory"

TheNeilo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 03:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mwadner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 7,783
Points: 415 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeilo1 View Post
Hey Mike Sir,Morning my friend and thank You.Yes Glows Like a The Proverbial Torch this one.Smaller than I thought it would be when I bought it but it’s very light and easy to read.👍⌚️
Hows the Sub Restore Going,I imagine you’ve not had much time on it.
check out my thread - the speaker and cabinet are done.
__________________
Salvation will not come from the rushing centers of civilization, deliverance will come from the lonely places - Fridtjof Wedel-Jarlsberg Nansen
mwadner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 03:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
henry t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 767
Points: 31 (+)
Default

>>

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
__________________
aka fastenerhouse and breadman3 on other forums
henry t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 03:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 678
Points: 61 (+)
Default

Funky Orient flea market find. It has a faceted crystal matching the faceted case

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
__________________
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana
bradurani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following Member Awarded A Point to bradurani For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 04:49 AM   #21 (permalink)
AqualandKing
 
TheNeilo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 16,957
Points: 1,392 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry t View Post
>>

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
Henry Sir on Point Again Today With That One👏👏👏👍⌚️
__________________
It is like a Finger Pointing away to the Moon."Dont Concentrate on the Finger or you will Miss all the Heavenly Glory"

TheNeilo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following Member Awarded A Point to TheNeilo1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 04:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
AqualandKing
 
TheNeilo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 16,957
Points: 1,392 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossR View Post
Public holiday over here.


Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Ross Sir Truly Gorgeous👏👏👏 That Dial is like an unspoiled Sandy Beach😜👍⌚️
__________________
It is like a Finger Pointing away to the Moon."Dont Concentrate on the Finger or you will Miss all the Heavenly Glory"

TheNeilo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following Member Awarded A Point to TheNeilo1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 04:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
AqualandKing
 
TheNeilo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle UK
Posts: 16,957
Points: 1,392 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.L View Post
Stefan Sir Oh Yes Indeed👏👏👏👍⌚️
I love that Quad Version and the Marine Version which is the one I want🙏 and of Course the Maharishi Mudmaster 😜👍
__________________
It is like a Finger Pointing away to the Moon."Dont Concentrate on the Finger or you will Miss all the Heavenly Glory"

TheNeilo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 05:15 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jimmy1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK Northeast
Posts: 7,309
Points: 96 (+)
Default

50m Silverwave from June 63 like me
[IMG][/IMG]
__________________
Jim
jimmy1963 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 05:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dutchsiberia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Grootegast
Posts: 3,207
Points: 97 (+)
Default

Morning Neil
Wearing my "not resistant to anything" Hamilton electric today.
Dutchsiberia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following Member Awarded A Point to Dutchsiberia For This Useful Post:
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.