Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading

Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading (https://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php)
-   THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM (https://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/)
-   -   WRUW SCWF On “HumpDay” 14th August 2019”👍 (https://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/331623-wruw-scwf-humpday-14th-august-2019-a.html)

TheNeilo1 08-13-2019 11:04 PM

WRUW SCWF On “HumpDay” 14th August 2019”👍
 
10 Attachment(s)
Good Morning Ladies And Gents.🌞🌞 its Humpday Wednesday So let’s Choose A Great Watch And Have a Great Day👍


Wrist Wise Today Im Going Seiko Teen Nostalgic Digital Again😜

So i will be Mostly Wearing My Seiko Model (A914-5010)
From February 1984👍⌚️


Click on each picture for a better view👍


“Humpday” Shirt


Wednesdays Neilo Quote:-

Today My Neighbours Will Be Listening to My Great Music Library Whether They Like It Or Not🔊🔊🔊😜👍

bradurani 08-13-2019 11:42 PM

Still Tuesday on the West Coast, but just have to share today's Craigslist buy. Definitely not my regular fare, but the price was too good to pass up. We'll see if it grows on mehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0f34f81d08.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

S.L 08-14-2019 12:01 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/TwKmrsMc/ED6324...0177-B98-E.jpg

Phil_G 08-14-2019 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNeilo1 (Post 2809587)
Good Morning Ladies And Gents.🌞🌞 its Humpday Wednesday So let’s Choose A Great Watch And Have a Great Day👍


Wrist Wise Today Im Going Seiko Teen Nostalgic Digital Again😜

So i will be Mostly Wearing My Seiko Model (A914-5010)
From February 1984👍⌚️

Good morning Neilo, another beauty for today! Love that early ones, my first watch I got did look like this (at least in my memory....) A pity I don’t have her anymore. Truely one of the classics. 👍👍👍

DonJ53 08-14-2019 12:53 AM

1712 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradurani (Post 2809607)
Still Tuesday on the West Coast, but just have to share today's Craigslist buy. Definitely not my regular fare, but the price was too good to pass up. We'll see if it grows on mehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0f34f81d08.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Now that India is faking the current Presage these earlier Cocktail Times are a safer purchase.

So I shall sport mine today,

Attachment 419965

TheNeilo1 08-14-2019 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.L (Post 2809613)

Stefan Sir And a Good “Maharishi” morning to You😜⌚️👍
Ultimate Mudmaster👏👏👏

TheNeilo1 08-14-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil_G (Post 2809615)
Good morning Neilo, another beauty for today! Love that early ones, my first watch I got did look like this (at least in my memory....) A pity I don’t have her anymore. Truely one of the classics. 👍👍👍

Phil Sir Thank you,I have a good few Seiko Digitals from days of Yore😜
It’s in what I call my Nostalgic Watch Box.
Funny how they always seemed A Big Watch at that time and now I see them as What they were “Kids Size” Love them though.👍⌚️
The Vintage Range Of Seiko And Citizen Digitals are still at realistic prices I think because the youth of today don’t see them as having enough Functions!!😂

TheNeilo1 08-14-2019 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonJ53 (Post 2809617)
Now that India is faking the current Presage these earlier Cocktail Times are a safer purchase.

So I shall sport mine today,

Attachment 419965

DonnSir that’s a beauty.Dial is Sublime👏👏👏👍⌚️

Reflex 08-14-2019 01:24 AM

https://www.watchfreeks.com/members/...re111111-a.jpg

TheNeilo1 08-14-2019 01:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflex (Post 2809633)

Steve Sir Very Nice And Great pic catching the Star Burst.👍⌚️
Today your officially the:-

henry t 08-14-2019 01:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Neilo, digital watches were all the craze in the 1980s, yes?


I just switched over to the Tudor. :)

Dudlei 08-14-2019 02:09 AM

Glycine Airman DC-4 Puristhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5833e30266.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bradurani 08-14-2019 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonJ53 (Post 2809617)
Now that India is faking the current Presage these earlier Cocktail Times are a safer purchase.

So I shall sport mine today,

Attachment 419965

Oooooh, nice strap. Mine's on the original horse leather [emoji237], barely used. I've only owned it 4 hours but it's already impressing me far more than I predicted. That's never happened to me with a watch with no buttons to press or gizmos to turn.
I think it's better looking than the Presage too. Less cluttered.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

henry t 08-14-2019 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflex (Post 2809633)

An artistic shot. [emoji106]

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

bradurani 08-14-2019 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reflex (Post 2809633)

Sublime. Great call getting the one with the polished steel bezel instead of the later blue painted bezel. They hide scratches so much better and the enamel filled numbers are great. I did the same by buying the 2598.80.00 chronograph instead of the later 2599 for that very reason. I just put it on a navy NATO. I'll wear it tomorrow and post a photo

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

TheNeilo1 08-14-2019 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry t (Post 2809637)
Neilo, digital watches were all the craze in the 1980s, yes?


I just switched over to the Tudor. :)

Henry Sir,Digitals popular in the 80’s? OH YES Indeed😜⌚️
From the Late 70,s I remember the Black Screen Digitals you pressed a Button for the time and a Red LED display of the time came up,then the LCD displays started With positive Dials like the ones we see today.
I still have one of the round Old style Red LED Watches Somewhere.Now they were Cool.👍

TheNeilo1 08-14-2019 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry t (Post 2809637)
Neilo, digital watches were all the craze in the 1980s, yes?


I just switched over to the Tudor. :)

Henry Sir Very Nice Tudor,My Grandads Favourite Watch brand👍⌚️

Reflex 08-14-2019 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry t (Post 2809647)
An artistic shot.




Quote:

Originally Posted by bradurani (Post 2809651)
Sublime. Great call getting the one with the polished steel bezel instead of the later blue painted bezel. They hide scratches so much better and the enamel filled numbers are great. I did the same by buying the 2598.80.00 chronograph instead of the later 2599 for that very reason. I just put it on a navy NATO. I'll wear it tomorrow and post a photo


https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...yEtlWHkOqNKc0u

qship 08-14-2019 04:02 AM

Oh the coincidence... Just put a new battery in this today!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...379bf97f3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mr.Jones 08-14-2019 04:09 AM

My my, Neilo - that's in beautiful condition, that one! :) Love the vintage digitals!

7A28 for me:
https://pics.unterwelt.org/images/20...3a7f69b721.jpg

mario_d 08-14-2019 04:16 AM

https://i.imgur.com/FxcbdI8h.jpg

Jeffrey 08-14-2019 06:27 AM

Have a good day...

https://i.imgur.com/3BeWqeF.jpg

Mark Q 08-14-2019 06:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Trying this with a full sleeve shirt for the first time today.

Mark Q 08-14-2019 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNeilo1 (Post 2809661)
Henry Sir,Digitals popular in the 80’s? OH YES Indeed😜⌚️
From the Late 70,s I remember the Black Screen Digitals you pressed a Button for the time and a Red LED display of the time came up,then the LCD displays started With positive Dials like the ones we see today.
I still have one of the round Old style Red LED Watches Somewhere.Now they were Cool.👍

My dad got one of the first Texas LED watches but I spotted the mistake as back in those days only really posh cars had clocks, so if you wanted to tell the time in his car you had to almost cross hands to press button whilst driving. I started my digital journey with Casio LCD's so display always on.

Mark Q 08-14-2019 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonJ53 (Post 2809617)
Now that India is faking the current Presage these earlier Cocktail Times are a safer purchase.

So I shall sport mine today,

Attachment 419965

Those are both really stunning watches :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.