7t32 6d90 sports150 hands - Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
younoowho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 47
Points: 0 (+)
Default 7t32 6d90 sports150 hands

Hey guys
Recently swapped a 7t32 movement from another watch into another 7t32 watch, and the hands of the sub dials don’t want to fit into the donor movement, is there anywhere I can get replacement hands for the sundials? Any help would be appreciated
Benji


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
younoowho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-11-2019, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
 
ivorbiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: in the dog house
Posts: 1,983
Points: 67 (+)
Default

Are you talking about the length of the hand not fitting to the subdial or the size of the hand hole not fitting with the pinion?


If youve substituted a like for like movement the hands should fit onto the pinion.
I cant be absolutly sure, but i would think all 7Txx movement subdial hands have the same hole size.
ivorbiggin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
younoowho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 47
Points: 0 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorbiggin View Post
Are you talking about the length of the hand not fitting to the subdial or the size of the hand hole not fitting with the pinion?


If youve substituted a like for like movement the hands should fit onto the pinion.
I cant be absolutly sure, but i would think all 7Txx movement subdial hands have the same hole size.


Handhole to pinion, seems like there’s no friction holding hand on when attached


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
younoowho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-12-2019, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Spilled Fluids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 808
Points: 45 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by younoowho View Post
Handhole to pinion, seems like there’s no friction holding hand on when attached


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The original watch probably did not have OEM hands. or they were Seiko replacements from a newer/older batch.

Often, hands have to be broached or alternately adjusted to fit properly. Seiko replacement hands will usually be tight rather than loose. I've never found genuine Seiko replacement hands to be too loose.
__________________
______________________________________________
Wear your water resistant watch where others fear to swim!
Spilled Fluids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following Member Awarded A Point to Spilled Fluids For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2019, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
younoowho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 47
Points: 0 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilled Fluids View Post
The original watch probably did not have OEM hands. or they were Seiko replacements from a newer/older batch.



Often, hands have to be broached or alternately adjusted to fit properly. Seiko replacement hands will usually be tight rather than loose. I've never found genuine Seiko replacement hands to be too loose.


Ah I see, anywhere I can find some replacements for them see if that helps?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
younoowho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.