Got Pogues? - Page 2 - Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2016, 08:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 538
Points: 32 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeikoPsycho2 View Post

I ran across this AD. It's in French like your day wheel.Even if these were only sold in the French market I'm supersized we haven't seen more of them surface. looks like it's legit.......
This is wonderful, thank you so much Tom! Multiple people in threads mentioned an ad or catalog shot, but I never found one. How interesting that it seems it was only French. From what I've seen it looks like they're even less common than the teal ones. I wonder why Seiko would've produced so few?
bbilford83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2016, 08:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SeikoPsycho2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,054
Points: 87 (+)
Default

You're welcome Brian!

Another to add to my wish list........
__________________
Too Many Watches - Not Enough Time...

Gracefully Delivered from Delusions..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjcsMZRXqCc

PhotoScumBucket Fix for Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...obucket-fixer/
And for Google Chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...giikdkpmcpkaon
SeikoPsycho2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2016, 10:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Grammarofdesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US of A
Posts: 4,285
Points: 178 (+)
Default

All this obsession over the Coke dial, how about this variant such as mine?

12 o'clock:
SEIKO White
SpeedTimer Red
5 Logo White

9 o'clock:
SPORTS White
WATER70mPROOF White
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dial Variant 3.JPG (676.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Brians 2 Cokes.jpg (263.8 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Grammarofdesign; 11-10-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Grammarofdesign is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2016, 11:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 538
Points: 32 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammarofdesign View Post
All this obsession over the Coke dial, how about this variant such as mine?

12 o'clock:
SEIKO White
SpeedTimer Red
5 Logo White

9 o'clock:
SPORTS White
WATER70mPROOF White
There are so many varieties of -603X, it's insane. Even down to the different colors of the hands, and whether they're matching, etc. That's a challenge I won't give myself...
bbilford83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2016, 04:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SeikoPsycho2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,054
Points: 87 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbilford83 View Post
There are so many varieties of -603X, it's insane. Even down to the different colors of the hands, and whether they're matching, etc. That's a challenge I won't give myself...
Well, if it helps, I have a Seiko catalog AD, that shows orange + yellow chrono + sub dial hands on the same watch.......

__________________
Too Many Watches - Not Enough Time...

Gracefully Delivered from Delusions..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjcsMZRXqCc

PhotoScumBucket Fix for Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...obucket-fixer/
And for Google Chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...giikdkpmcpkaon

Last edited by SeikoPsycho2; 11-11-2016 at 04:37 AM.
SeikoPsycho2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 538
Points: 32 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexblex View Post
Hi, I have also a non JDM 0032 like yours shown in the fotos, actually to restore. will post a pic soon.
BTW: what a nice collection! congrats!
Alex, sorry I didn't see this before - I'd be very eager to see your non-JDM -6032. And especially to know whether the day wheel's second language is also French. Thanks and good luck restoring it!
bbilford83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2016, 03:00 AM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 141
Points: 1 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbilford83 View Post
Alex, sorry I didn't see this before - I'd be very eager to see your non-JDM -6032. And especially to know whether the day wheel's second language is also French. Thanks and good luck restoring it!

Hi Brian, no fotos yet but I can confirm that my NON-JDM 6139-0032 has day wheels language in French and English. Production date April 1972. Seems that those non-JDM 0032 are very rare.
alexblex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2016, 03:11 AM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 538
Points: 32 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexblex View Post
Hi Brian, no fotos yet but I can confirm that my NON-JDM 6139-0032 has day wheels language in French and English. Production date April 1972. Seems that those non-JDM 0032 are very rare.
Great! Nice to see another 4/72 also. Certainly seems to suggest they were made very briefly and only for the French market.
bbilford83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2016, 03:35 AM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kraftwerck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 1,762
Points: 4 (+)
Send a message via MSN to kraftwerck
Default

Mine here

__________________
This post is written in perfectly good spanglish
hernán
kraftwerck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2016, 03:43 AM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mr.Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,445
Points: 246 (+)
Default

Lovely. Now get a proper bracelet from Uncle Seiko
Mr.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 538
Points: 32 (+)
Default

I know I'm turning this thread from broad into narrow, but I thought others might be interested in the results of some further searches into the non-JDM -6032.

To start, this (somewhat contentious) thread shows another -6032 with with a April '72 production (no indication of the language). Hands look straight-up white, but mine are faded enough that I could imagine them eventually getting that way.

BUT I found three more examples from other production dates.

This example dates to Jan. '73. Quite a jump. The date shows "Lun" which AFAIK could be either French or Spanish, but all signs point to French again given that the poster is writing in French.

Here's where things get interesting. Check out this recent ebay sale (seller in Italy, no indication of day wheel language), which shows an April '71 production date and a resist dial, which I had certainly never seen before. But...

Here is a post with another resist dial (no date or language hint).

For the life of me, I can't imagine how they could still be this rare, likely still all be French production, and yet have a production range of nearly two years!

Last edited by bbilford83; 11-17-2016 at 05:23 PM.
bbilford83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #37 (permalink)
Moderator
 
TheTigerUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: I want to be a Pedant :)
Posts: 26,771
Points: 482 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jones View Post
Lovely. Now get a proper bracelet from Uncle Seiko

That was my second thought after thinking thats a beauty
__________________

"You haven't failed until you quit trying"

"You don't make mistakes, mistakes make you "
TheTigerUK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2019, 05:46 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 141
Points: 1 (+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbilford83 View Post
I know I'm turning this thread from broad into narrow, but I thought others might be interested in the results of some further searches into the non-JDM -6032.

To start, this (somewhat contentious) thread shows another -6032 with with a April '72 production (no indication of the language). Hands look straight-up white, but mine are faded enough that I could imagine them eventually getting that way.

BUT I found three more examples from other production dates.

This example dates to Jan. '73. Quite a jump. The date shows "Lun" which AFAIK could be either French or Spanish, but all signs point to French again given that the poster is writing in French.

Here's where things get interesting. Check out this recent ebay sale (seller in Italy, no indication of day wheel language), which shows an April '71 production date and a resist dial, which I had certainly never seen before. But...

Here is a post with another resist dial (no date or language hint).

For the life of me, I can't imagine how they could still be this rare, likely still all be French production, and yet have a production range of nearly two years!



Two weeks ago I was very lucky to get the Italian coke Seiko 6139-6032 "EXPORT" Version with "water resist" text on dial, from April 1971 - made exclusive for the italian market and with "Italian/English" day wheel. Dial code is still 6070T.
Its very hard to find this variation, because it was probably made only during April 1971. The French variation was made only in April 1972 with no "water resist" text, only plain dial.
Actualy its on a JDM bracelet, but will change it to the regular H-Link like it was delivered at the time according to the nice add Bert has found.

Thanks for looking.



alexblex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2019, 06:14 AM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jim W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hampshire. UK
Posts: 2,599
Points: 96 (+)
Default

Oh my god.. Look and weep.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum – Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apparently Pogues Really Do Command $1,500 now Grammarofdesign THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM 15 02-24-2016 11:54 PM
The Pogues of Instagram. 28A THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM 8 02-20-2016 02:25 AM
All this talk of pogues.... TheWatchBloke THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM 8 05-23-2014 08:33 AM
Col. Pogues watch for sale....again! pollyc THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM 20 04-22-2013 06:02 PM
Three of a kind of Pogues McNulty THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM 14 07-16-2011 01:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.