Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum  Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading

Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum Japanese Watch Reviews, Discussion & Trading (https://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php)
-   Citizen Reviews (https://www.thewatchsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Citizen promaster aqualand 3745-e70022 (https://www.thewatchsite.com/showthread.php?t=262602)

Bigmik35 01-23-2017 03:29 PM

Citizen promaster aqualand 3745-e70022
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys how are we?
I've just joint this forum in the hope one of you clever experts could help me out? I've just been given this watch from my father and am looking to gain more info on it? Age? Is it collectable? Value?
The watch is in near to perfect condition as he hardly wore it! It even has its instruction manual with it too.
I'm not great on these things but thought it would be worth getting it checked out.

LongBike 01-23-2017 09:06 PM

Aloha ,
That Aqualand Diver is very collectable and many still have them in their
collections. Good watch and very dependable and comfortable to use.
These 3745's are very good to have but battery changes have to be done
or damage will come about.
My name is ... Louis / LongBike..... and collect a lot of Aqualands also.
Aloha Louis / LongBike

Bigmik35 01-24-2017 03:27 AM

Aloha ?
Thanks for your reply, I really don't know much about watches but a friend of mine seems to think these Ones may be pretty rare? Is that right? I've tried looking online for others the same but there seems to be none for sale anywhere except one site where there are two the same and are in the thousands? Although I'm dubious this is correct ?

koekoek 01-24-2017 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmik35 (Post 2064473)
Aloha ?
Thanks for your reply, I really don't know much about watches but a friend of mine seems to think these Ones may be pretty rare? Is that right? I've tried looking online for others the same but there seems to be none for sale anywhere except one site where there are two the same and are in the thousands? Although I'm dubious this is correct ?

i have a blue one like yours for sale on the forum for 90 euro's. One in mint condition and box is worth more but not a whole lot more than 200 i guess.

Bigmik35 01-24-2017 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah I've seen quite a few blue ones advertised elsewhere too but none of these exact type?! There are old eBay posts selling them years ago but none now!
This is a recent post I've seen for exactly the same watch! There seems to be something about these that make them pretty rare and collectable!?

koekoek 01-24-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmik35 (Post 2064889)
Yeah I've seen quite a few blue ones advertised elsewhere too but none of these exact type?! There are old eBay posts selling them years ago but none now!
This is a recent post I've seen for exactly the same watch! There seems to be something about these that make them pretty rare and collectable!?

The fact that people ask a ridiculous price does not mean it is worth that much. I can ask a milion $ for my aqualand, but it wont sell.

This is one just like yours sold for 250$
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-CITI...p2047675.l2557

sold for 125$
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Citizen-Prom...p2047675.l2557

850champion 02-01-2017 04:23 AM

well said, koekoek. it's important to distinguish between price and value

allkindsofwatches1 02-03-2017 07:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have four of these with different dial colors. I will probably never sell them. I had two of this exact watch and did sell one. In my opinion, they are great watches to collect and they are great to wear but not extremely valuable unless they are "new old stock". And even then some folks ask way to much for them. I would suggest that you have the watch serviced and enjoy the gift from your dad.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5e4217d773.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...07e072bbc8.jpg

Pencey Prep 02-12-2017 03:36 AM

Nice. I particularly like the white dial.

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

tzetz 03-15-2017 08:57 AM

Ive seen ebay post for "new old stock" amounting to 690$ per piece. They are legendary indeed but better service this one...It looks great!

grantag 12-16-2017 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 (Post 2078009)
I have four of these with different dial colors. I will probably never sell them. I had two of this exact watch and did sell one. In my opinion, they are great watches to collect and they are great to wear but not extremely valuable unless they are "new old stock". And even then some folks ask way to much for them. I would suggest that you have the watch serviced and enjoy the gift from your dad.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5e4217d773.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...07e072bbc8.jpg

Hi, i love these watches, is the orange face standard?

lewie 12-16-2017 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantag (Post 2452898)
Hi, i love these watches, is the orange face standard?

yes


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.