The Watch Site banner

swiss watch info please!?

959 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Supermoto 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all, first, I apologize if this is not the place for this, but, I've owned this little gem of a watch for many years, its in my "dress watch" rotation.
I do not know the history of it other than I bought it "new" from a junk shop (never had a strap attached, and still had all the original packaging un-opened!) the store owner claimed it was from a local jeweller that passed away and his store was abandoned and the contents put up for auction, and this was how he acquired it! Ive worn it for a few years on and off, it worked great, keeps accurate time etc. the bracelet is aftermarket that I put on please don't judge the brutal dremel work to get the bracelet to fit!!
The name on the dial is 'voltaire' it suggests its swiss (suise) and that its a 25 jewel movement (25 rubis) I took the caseback off, and found a nicely copper colored movement, nothing to identify it but it does look nicer than most! anyone know anything about this movement? Identity etc? It cranks around but does not work for more than a few seconds, (broken mainspring??) I want to get it serviced, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it or not!
thanx
Riemer
PS, the "fur" on the first pic is my cat, still very much alive, he wouldn't move from the window sill where I wanted to photograph the watch, so, I put the watch on him and snapped a pic!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
thanx for the info, just spent the evening looking at eta 2824 movements online. would this be a good one to "start learning" on?? or is there more forgiving ones to look at instead!? I enjoy this watch because its different than most, as pointed out, the crown at 4 and the date at 12, its pretty neat! even the case and dial are different!
I am still awaiting some simple tools, but in the meantime, would anyone be able to advise me on how to remove the stem and uncase the movement?
thank you!
Riemer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.