The Watch Site banner

SEIKO VINTAGE CATALOGS - 1960s - 1980s

490K views 91 replies 77 participants last post by  O.Lars 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Below is a massive project that has been the better part of the last year in the process. Thanks to the generosity of some of our members (especially Gary Fredericks) we have been able to scan and collect a large collection of vintage seiko catalogs ranging from the late 1960s to H2 1985. We hope to add to this database as more donations from members come in. If you have any vintage catalogs you would like us to add, please let us know, we'd be happy to scan them for you.

These scans can be freely shared with any other site, provided the use is not commercial. under no circumstances may anyone copy and rehost any of these files in any other website without the express permission of SCWF! If you do link to these files, please be kind enough to link and reference the source of the material.

Unless otherwise noted, the catalogs are primarily Japanese market catalogs. Just because something does not appear in a catalog, it does not mean that seiko did not produce it or make it available in other markets.

Without further a do, here is the new catalog database:

1969 Seiko Brochure.pdf 3.9M
1969 Seiko Catalog.pdf 9.0M
1969 Seiko Sport Divers.pdf 1.3M
1973 Seiko Catalog (US Market).pdf 5.0M
1974 Seiko Catalog.H1.pdf 16.2M
1974 Seiko Catalog.H2.pdf 14.2M
1975 Seiko Catalog.H2.pdf 19.5M
1975 Seiko Catalog.Supplement 2.pdf 6.4M
1976 Seiko Catalog.H1.pdf 16.6M
1977 Seiko Catalog.H1.pdf 17.7M
1977 Seiko Catalog.H2.pdf 16.0M
1978 Seiko Catalog.H1.pdf 22.3M
1978 Seiko Catalog.H2.pdf 22.5M
1979 Seiko Catalog.H1.pdf 25.8M
1979 Seiko Catalog.H2.pdf 22.8M
1980 Seiko Catalog.H1.pdf 24.8M
1980 Seiko Catalog.H2.pdf 22.1M
1981 Seiko Catalog.H1.pdf 21.9M
1981 Seiko Catalog.H2.pdf 146M
1982 Seiko Catalog.H1.pdf 134M
1983 Seiko Catalog.H1.pdf 1.2M
1983 Seiko Catalog.H2.pdf 18.0M
1984 Seiko Catalog.H1.pdf 19.8M
1984 Seiko Catalog.H2.pdf 20.3M
1985 Seiko Catalog.H1.pdf 64.2M
1985 Seiko Catalog.H2.pdf 18.6M

See less See more
#31 ·
Thank you so much Isthmus for this post!

Interesting that the 69 catalogue watches have resist on the dials already when the watches were mostly proof in 69. Obviously they had already made the dials and case backs and could not change them without bankrupting Seiko no doubt :)

Thanks again, appreciated!

#37 · (Edited)
Thank you for these. I have found them to be an invaluable resource in finding out about my vintage Seiko's

One thing, is there any chance of dividing 1982 into 2 parts. I don't seem to be able to download it on my Mac or iPad. It gets to near the end then says it can't load anymore.
Thanks so much if you can!

#43 ·
Wow, these old catalogues are really interesting. Thanks a lot for your efforts.

I tried to find out whether an old Seiko 5 (with 7009 movement) of mine was produced in 1982 or 1992. Unluckily, the catalogues from that time do not seem to contain any Seiko 5s. Does anybody know the reason for this?

#47 ·
Below is a massive project that has been the better part of the last year in the process. Thanks to the generosity of some of our members (especially Gary Fredericks) we have been able to scan and collect a large collection of vintage seiko catalogs ranging from the late 1960s to H2 1985. We hope to add to this database as more donations from members come in. If you have any vintage catalogs you would like us to add, please let us know, we'd be happy to scan them for you.

These scans can be freely shared with any other site, provided the use is not commercial. under no circumstances may anyone copy and rehost any of these files in any other website without the express permission of SCWF! If you do link to these files, please be kind enough to link and reference the source of the material.

Unless otherwise noted, the catalogs are primarily Japanese market catalogs. Just because something does not appear in a catalog, it does not mean that seiko did not produce it or make it available in other markets.

Without further a do, here is the new catalog database:
Thank you very much, a lot of material:)

#49 · (Edited by Moderator)
These are great. I've just noticed the bracelet reference in the bottom right corner of each watch's box - useful for confirming which bracelet belongs with which watch.

It turns out my best 7546-8070 (or maybe I should now refer to it as a QHK050!) has a bracelet from a later 7123 model so I think I'll put that right by swapping the bracelet from another 7546-8070 I have.

#54 ·
This is amazing.

Perhaps someone could assist me. I received a seiko dive watch from my father when I was 15 (25 years ago) and it was stolen! By that stage he had already had it for about 10/15 years.

I don't know the model number, but looked very similar to the 6309, but without the cushion. And if memory serves me correct, it was 'kinetic' which would I guess, have been quite rare in those days. I would desperately like to get my hands on one again. Thanks!

#55 ·
It would be "automatic" not kinetic, the 6309s are in many of the ads and catalogues, you'll have to rummage through them. The 6309s were produced in hundreds of varieties.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.