The Watch Site banner

Opinions Needed 6309-7049

2K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  azamtaib 
#1 ·
Spotted this on the wrist of the employee at a local hardware store and we got to talking about watches. He says he is the original owner, purchased late 1985, was put away in drawer for the last 16 years until he rediscovered it a couple of months ago. He is willing to part with it at a reasonable price so I was hoping for some opinions. The lume is there but not bright and the hands and dial fade equally. There is a slight bevel on the day date window. Anything else that can be pointed out would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Probably a good price that you can do and still give him a good benefit.
If he tells you a .... sort off price or says make a offer then you can go from there.
It would be according to how much you want it and still be satisfied with it and not taking a big lost to your pocket / wallet I would say.
.... $300.00 for starters for that looks good, but it still be up to you again.
But it is a nice sample too.
But JMO + 2 cents

#18 ·
is $300 what you guys would really "like" to pay for this (not a bad example by any means) or use as a starting point? I know 6309s have climbed upwards on the price scale a bit, but I like to lean in the $200-250, on the high side, range. there are enough of these out there that you could pass on 5 nice ones and land the 6th one at your price, not the seller's.

nice looking 6309 OP. =)

<* shark >>><

#19 ·
is $300 what you guys would really "like" to pay for this (not a bad example by any means) or use as a starting point? I know 6309s have climbed upwards on the price scale a bit, but I like to lean in the $200-250, on the high side, range. there are enough of these out there that you could pass on 5 nice ones and land the 6th one at your price, not the seller's.

nice looking 6309 OP. =)

<* shark >>><
Not so many in that price range though when looking for a really nice untouched all original example though these days larry (imo).

I see quite a few going for more than that with lots of after market parts which imo is over priced.

#23 ·
If it were me I'd ask him if he'd like to sell it and what he'd want for it, you might get a bargain.

If he says let me find out what they are worth you'll just end up paying market value anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Thanks for all the advice and info. As far as proper etiquette for asking for someone's watch off their wrist all I can say is nothing ventured nothing gained. Worst they can say is no.

As it turned out the owner contacted me this afternoon and asked if I was still interested. Upon our fist meeting I had mentioned that I had a few watches. Instead of selling he tells me he would rather make a trade for one of mine. Something that he would not have to reset after power reserve stops on the automatic. I tell home no problem.

Met up with him this afternoon with a black monster on rubber, black BFK on bracelet, stainless ecozilla, and the citizen BN0085-01E 300m diver. He checks them all and decides he likes the convenience of the BN0085-01E. Asks if I would trade straight up considering his watch was 30 yrs old and mine newer. We agreed on the trade and am now the owner of a nice original (I hope) 6309.

#27 ·
I find either a black leather strap or a zulu / nato is the best choices for the 6309's. Some have them on bracelets but i think the straps are a great look for them.

If you're going leather, you can't go past a crown and buckle one. They are cheapish, but amazing quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.