The Watch Site banner

Seiko S820-6000 Ski-Thermo

8K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  bradurani 
#1 ·
-- Good morning.

Help needed :(
Ijust have bought this interessing watch (S820 Ski-Termo)--BUT : I don´t know how to operating it ?? I just canturn the bezel for the 6 fonctions , But I don´t want to press the 4 buttons on the side , before to be sure of theire fonctions ???
It look that this watch has a lot of adjustments
-- I will appreciate if some one got the Booklet to sand me a Scan , or explain me how to set this watch.

Thank You. :)

#3 ·
Thank You Dhasco for your help...

-- That is the thecnical Guide
But It does´nt explain how to set the various fonctions of the watch-
What I need is a copi of the instruction owner manual (booklet)
or by the owner of one to explain me how to set this watch.

:grin:

#4 ·
Good afternoon

-- ¿¿ Any info. on the Seiko S820-600 Ski-thermo ??

-- I am still looking for a Scan of the booklet ( instruction owner manual )
or.. perhaps someone who has the same watch to explain me how to use the differents fonctions of this watch .

Tank You

#6 ·

Good morning.

-- I still have the watch in my drawer , and not be able to opérate it..
-- I still don´t have the instruction . I am still looking for a copie of the Booklet
Maybe someone has the address @mail from Seiko in Japan . I will write to them to ask if they can help me with the user manuel ???

Here's one that you don't see too often. In great condition is my Ski-Thermo digital S820-6000 designed for cross country skiers and racers. Features rotary mode changes for thermometer, thermo recall, chronograph and chrono recall, alarm and strokes.

Tank You

#9 ·

Good afternoon

Well ... I have receive a reply from SEIKO .

De: yserv@seiko-watch.co.jp
Enviado: martes, 23 de febrero de 2016 11:39:06
Our Ref. 34915
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your patronage of SEIKO products and your e-mail messagerequesting an Instruction Manual for Seiko watch Caliber S821.
We regret to inform you that we could not find the manual in English or Spanish version.We only have manual in Japanese version.
We are sorry that we are unable to meet your expectation regarding this matter.Nevertheless, we hope for your continued patronage of our products.
With best regards, CS Dept. SEIKO WATCH CORPORATION

SO : I am still looking for a copie of the
"instruction manuel" Seiko S821.

Help needed

#12 ·

Good afternoon.

Tank You for the quick reply .

:eek:hmy: ¿¿-- Well … It look that this watch is very rare ? If even SEIKO has not the instruction manuel in
Inglish , or the booklet ?? --
Case Number S821-6000 Serial Number 403395
This watch has been product in : October 1994 ? – 2004 ? and more that 3395 has been made .

I will try to contact QSHIP by private message and hope that he has the booklet .

Thank You :)

#14 ·
I thought you wanted an S820 manual?, so now it's an S821 manual?? pffft. FFS http://thewatchsite.com/d1/files/Seiko User Manuals/S821.pdf You'll have to translate it, using OCR or foxit reader or similar.
hello :)

Well . After having a close look at the watch it look like that I have got the
S821 .. When i bought It was announce has S820 ???

RARE Seiko Vintage Digital Watch S820-6000 SKI THERMO/MILITARY GREEN RETRO

Thank You for the manual in Japan.
It look that we are a few having the watch.

#15 ·
Good afternoon

- Still looking for more informations Seiko S820 or S821 .

What the difference between the S820 and S821 ??

- After looking on internet , I found that the 2 watches look the same ?
or maybe is the color ?
- The instruction manual in Japan is for the the S821 .
- The booklet sold with the watches is for S820

Thank You :smiley:

#16 ·

Hello :)

I just have started to translate the user manual Seiko S821 in japan to French ( I am French living in Spain )
Using Google translation , Japan – Fr , Japan – Eng , Japan – Esp .
Well the traduction will be not perfect . !!! - The problem is that I can´t copie the desing that join the text
On Microsoft Word .
I aswell wrote to Seiko to explain the difference between the Seiko S820 and Seiko S821 ??

:grin:

#17 ·

Just receive a massage from :

yserv@seiko-watch.co.jp

on the difference between the Seiko S820 and Seiko S821 ??

( The 2 models look exactly the same ) ?

REP:
In reply to your additional inquiry, we would like to inform you that the watch with cal. S821 was being sold in Japanese market only, accordingly, we have instruction manual in Japanese only.
Thank you for your understanding.
;)

#18 ·
I use foxit reader with ghostlite as my pdf reader, this has a function (using cloud) to translate smaller parts of the page (pdf) while you are reading it. Here is a part of a page for example; Cette montre, en vue d'améliorer l'opérabilité, équipé d'un commutateur rotatif fonction (rotation de la lunette), "Auto" peut être de deux types de mesure de la température du "manuel", est Succoth appeler les données de mesure respectives par fonction de rappel Thermo vous pouvez. En outre, une telle course pratique caractéristiques sonores des émissions et en ski de fond, 1/1000 seconde fonction chronomètre qui peut être mesuré, multi-fonctions de quartz numérique pour les sports d'hiver, les données mesurées dans une fonction de différence de temps qui peut être appelée à l'ordre comme prévu Il est.L'éclairage intérieur qui peut et enfant voir tout l'écran même dans l'obscurité (l'éclairage du panneau avant) fonction est également jointe.

«Le temps et la fonction de calendrier."

- Année bissextile "calendrier entièrement automatique" fixe également inutile dans les (1993-2042 ans), il est doté d'une fonction.

"Fonction Thermo"

Et plage de température de mesure -20 ℃ ~ 50 ℃

Et la mesure peut sélectionner la fonction "Auto Thermo", "Manuel Thermo".

• Correction de température montre avec une fonction pour corriger une erreur de température due au mobile.

Mémoire (mémoire) numéro (Auto Thermo: 30 / Manuel Thermo: 10)

"Fonction de rappel Thermo"

Thermo auto: pour afficher la température la plus récente et la plus haute et la plus basse, pour afficher le changement de température dans le graphique.

Manuel Thermo: pour afficher les données de mesure (date, heure, température) pour des données les plus récentes.

"Fonction sonore Stroke"

Et la fonction de course pratique en cross-country, etc. (la sortie sonore: 20 à 240 fois / minute)

- Même si vous changez le mode à la sortie du son.

"Fonction tachymètre Chronomètre"

· Compteur de 10 heures (1/1000 secondes)

- "Split", "Speed" mesure en même temps que 10 morceaux de données automatiquement la mémoire (stockage).

#19 ·

hello :)

Thank You 7s26b

-- I am using for the translation " Google traductor " in French and Ingl.
-- It si not to bad . I nearly finish to put everything together even with
the pictures ( diagram ) .

-- Now I have found a other problema with this Watch ...
-- The Day and the Date is lull automatic from 1993--2042

Page 1 and 4 .
º Même la correction de saut de l'année "de calendrier entièrement automatique" est inutiles (1993-2042 ans). - Leap year "full auto calendar" also fixes unnecessary in the (1993-2042 years) is equipped with function
Depuis le calendrier est programmé l'année, le mois et le jour de 1993-2042, pendant ce temps, la lune de grandes et petites ,et vous ne devez pas modifier d'une année bissextile.Since the calendar is programmed the year, month, and day of 1993-2042, during which time, of large and small and the moon, you do not need to modify any leap year.

But on my watch the Day and the Date don´t match .
Ex: Today -- : TH 4-1 ( Thursday April 1 ) and when I change : WE 3-31 ( Wednesday March 31 )
-- That has change from 29 Feb. ( Année bissextile)
--¿¿ So I don´t know how to fix that ?? :confused:

:)

#20 ·
OK, maybe somebody changed the battery, and didn't do an AC reset? You can do a full reset by pressing all four buttons A B C D at the same time for 2-3 seconds.

#25 ·

¿¿ I have sent 1 private message to qship “for a scan of the booklet of the Seiko S820-6000 Ski-thermo . but no reply ? .
How to be sure He has receive the message . Maybe I'm missing something ??

Any advice :confused:

#27 · (Edited)
Sorry for the late reply - I don't get on here too often. I have only seen the Japanese tech manual as mentioned earlier. To confirm, I believe there is no difference between the s820 and the s821 except the a821 is JDM only.

In regards to changing the day/date
1. rotate dial to time
2. Hold top right button down till seconds flash
3, Move through time mode by pushing top left button till what you want to change is flashing (year is up in the top window) You must set all 3 - date, month and year and then then the day will be correct.
4. Push lower left button to set each flashing digit
5. Push top right again to get out of time setting mode.

Hope this helps.

http://thewatchsite.com/d1/files/Seiko%20User%20Manuals/S821.pdf
Japanese directions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.