|12-28-2013, 02:25 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Southern California
Points: 7 (+)
SEIKO CITIZEN TRADING POSTING GUIDELINES
SEIKO CITIZEN TRADING POSTING GUIDELINES
The following Rules are a subset and addition to the Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum’s Seiko & Citizen Watch Forum Terms Of Service And Use. All abbreviations used but not defined in these Seiko Citizen Trading Posting Rules (the “Rules”) shall have the meaning assigned to them in the Terms.
As of February 12 2013, in order to sell or offer watches for trade, you must have at least FIFTY (50) posts in the discussion forums at SCWF. These must be substantive posts (in other words, "I agree" and "Me, too" responses intended to increase your post count will not be accepted). Replies and posts in the "Off-Topic" section of SCWF do not apply to a member's total post count for the purposes of this 50 posts required guideline.
Accessories dealers are exempt from this requirement (as they are exempted from the five items per post rule) but they must contact SCTP's moderators to establish their status as accessories dealers. Exceptions to this rule will be made on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration the content and purpose of the participant's previous posts.
Any Forum members or outside parties wishing to list items for sale or trade, who respond to any listing in the SCTP, and/or who engage in any transactions listed in the SCTP, agree to abide and be bound by all Forum Terms and Rules and by the following:
1. NO AUCTION POSTS or links of any kind are allowed and no links to off-site sales/store websites, notifications of auctions, posting of auction numbers, or links to items offered on other websites or forums.
2. SEVEN DAY WAITING PERIOD if the watch or accessory you wish to sell or trade has been the subject of a post elsewhere on SCWF, with or without photos.
3. Any item listed in the SCTP must be in the possession of the seller/trader at the time of the posting. In other words, no posting an item you just bought or intend to buy and do not yet have in your possession.
4. Title (subject line) of all posts should indicate FS, FSOT, WTT, WTB, or FREE, OFFERS INVITED,model/style/item/etc. information, and price(s) of the item(s) or service(s) being offered along with its PRICE (if an item is being offered FS or FSOT). Please, no added "wingdings" or other visual "hooks" such as CAPITAL LETTERS or !!! *** L@@K, etc. If more than one item is being offered for sale in a single sales post, posting the prices in the subject line is considered to be more important and useful than claims such as "RARE," "MINTY," etc.
4a. With the heading Offers Invited a price is not required in the title or body of your post but please for the benefit of other members post the price that was finally agreed on when sold.
5. It is required that the body of every post on SCTP MUST INCLUDE:
6. DO NOT REMOVE PRICES FROM YOUR LISTINGS AFTER AN ITEM SELLS OR IS WITHDRAWN AND DO NOT REMOVE THE CONTENTS OF THE LISTING. Traders are encouraged to edit your post(s) to mark an item SOLD or TRADED or WITHDRAWN in the subject line, but do not remove/alter the listed sales price or the CONTENTS and/or PHOTOS of the post after an item is sold, traded or withdrawn. If you do, you put your trading privileges at risk and the Moderators will restore the information.
7. Once every 24 hours a trader may "bump" an unsold/untraded item to the top of the SCTP by replying to his/her post (based upon timestamp of original/previous posting).* Please use "Modify" to make corrections to your listing. (This rule does not apply to using "Reply" if/when an item has been sold or traded.)
8. You may only have five (5) active posts on the SCTP at a time (including "bumps") and no more than five (5) items per post. "Active posts" means the cumulative total of all your SCTP posts regardless of whether they are posted as FS, FSOT, WTT, or WTB. This posting limit includes commercial sellers. If more than five (5) posts by a single trader are found to be active, the mods will remove the most recent post.
9. As of December 2013, non-Japanese watches may be offered as WTT, FSOT, or FS, based upon the same guidelines in place for the sale or trade of Japanese-based watches.
10. Weapons or weapons related items of any kind may not be listed for trade or sale anywhere in the SCTP or used as "props" in photos.
11. NO "PROMOTING" - in other words, do not post links to SCTP offers on the Forum or its sub-forums.
12. Do NOT list any fake or counterfeit replica watches or accessories. Homage or "sterile" watches without false branding (for trade) and modified Japanese watches (for any transaction type) are acceptable.
*NOTE: All second-party replies to SCTP posts have been stopped by the forum's software. All communications between traders should be accomplished via:
Please remember that SCTP participants are an international audience. Please factor that into response times to emails, personal messages or any other communications with traders, and keep in mind that many may speak English as a second (or third or fourth) language. The SCWF staff will remove posts they consider offensive, in bad taste, or otherwise inappropriate or not in keeping with the Terms and Rules. Best of luck with all your transactions. If you have any questions feel free to contact any SCWF staff member via the Forum’s private messaging system. You may also use the "Report to Moderator" option associated with every post on these forums.
The Seiko Citizen Trading Post (“SCTP”) is primarily a venue for Forum collectors and hobbyists to buy, sell, and trade timepieces from brands owned by Japanese watch companies, as well as various watch accessories. The SCTP is provided as a courtesy to Forum members. Neither the SCWF, this Site, its owners, employees or the SCWF staff are responsible for the content, claims, or results of any transaction conducted as a result of an advertisement posted in the SCTP. All sales, trades and purchases made through SCTP are the sole responsibilities of the individual parties involved – in other words, trade at your own risk. You may email any SCWF staff members to report problematic trading partners on the SCTP, but do not expect them to act as mediators in any disputes.
Practice caution and remember: CAVEAT EMPTOR ("Let the Buyer Beware"). Ask questions. "Buy the seller" and use common sense in your dealings.
Please use the "Report to Moderator" link (indicated by beneath the poster's information on the left side of the screen) to inform us of questionable posts/responses. This sends a message to each moderator and allows us to quickly respond. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK, send a private message to any of the SCTP Moderators. Thank you.
Last edited by JohnWN; 10-01-2014 at 02:13 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Personal purchasing guidelines: Do you stick to yours ?||senorito_ako||THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM||32||09-06-2012 07:44 PM|
|MINIMUM of 20 discussion area posts needed to post on SEIKO-Citizen Trading Post||JohnWN||THE JAPANESE WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM||0||11-29-2011 03:36 PM|
|SEIKO & CITIZEN WATCH FORUM POSTING RULES||Isthmus||FORUM RULES||0||03-10-2010 12:10 PM|
|Seiko & citizen trading post rules||Isthmus||FORUM RULES||0||03-10-2010 12:07 PM|