The Watch Site banner

Engraved Seiko watch service. How do you guys think?

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  ssseiko 
#1 ·

Got this from internet. A guy in Hongkong is doing this nice job for $230.
I'm going to have my both Orient on his service. (Yeah i know i may post in wrong place but the photo in this post is a Seiko.)
Kindly let me know your mind if you think it worth.
Regards.

See less See more
#7 ·
But interesting
What a lot of work for $230 though!
I doubt we are talking Purdey, Boss or best Italian quality.

Not even my B25 B5.3

View attachment 292353
Could you please share some of their works and price range as well? Regards.

Thats nice :)
Thank you gentlement for your comments. There's a lot of work on the engraved watch. With 230$ for an upgrade to your loved watch i believe it's reasonable. I mostly use leather strap for my watch so i decide to engave the watch lonely not the whole bracelet that cost much time so the price should be lower. It's reasonable to me IMHO.
Cheers!

#8 ·
It's not to my personal taste but it's good value at $230, I'd say. If you're planning to keep the watch and just enjoy it then go for it, why not. In terms of resale value, however, you probably wouldn't get your money back as you're suddenly pitching to a very small niche market who might appreciate what you've had done. I also think it would look better on a vintage watch as opposed to a new one.

#29 ·
Thanks again for you guys comments. Everyone has his taste and i respect that. Sharing information with one guy here and some of my friends lately. They love it and i'm pretty sure they'll have it on hand next month. While engraving works need 20 days for it, i'll wait patiently for it. Watches hobby teach me about patient and value of time.

#30 ·
The ultimate mod!! Seriously!! Guys make their watches up to look like they're entering a Formula One race, going into a military conflict, or diving down to the deepest ocean depth. Why the hell not something like that? Looks classy, there's a folk art kind of vibe, and it's totally original too. Not totally sure I'd do it, but I would love to see done to an SRP or something of the like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.