The Watch Site banner

30 + watches gone in house robbery, not a good week.

5K views 49 replies 44 participants last post by  casiojem 
#1 ·
30+ watches from my collection taken when my home was done over . My wife and I are working in Canberra 1200km from Brisbane. Daylight break in while my son was at work. Smashed down rear door, 3 internal walls trashed to get to my floor safe. Safe removed containg half my collection including all my Aqualands and all but one of my Bellmatics .
Small fry really compared to my wife jewellery, who is totally devastated over the whole affair.

Small upside if any is that the half of my watches are with me in Canberra including my 3 x 6105s and my Golden Tuna .
So what to do next ? Not to be beaten by lowlife scum I will be rebuilding my collection taking small steps to replace my favourite stolen watches.

Here's a few snaps of the watches taken.

+ many more

As always thanks for looking, its being very difficult to write this post. Onward and upwards from here I guess.

Cheers Tony (Yorkie)

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn Tony, I dont know what to say.

We had our shop kicked in and the cash register stolen on July 4. Nothing like your loss though.

Seems like someone knew where to hunt the safe. New neighbors you shared your hobby with?

Sorry for the loss.

Max

#3 ·
yorkiesknob said:
30+ watches from my collection taken when my home was done over . My wife and I are working in Canberra 1200km from Brisbane. Daylight break in while my son was at work. Smashed down rear door, 3 internal walls trashed to get to my floor safe. Safe removed containg half my collection including all my Aqualands and all but one of my Bellmatics .
Small fry really compared to my wife jewellery, who is totally devastated over the whole affair.

Small upside if any is that the half of my watches are with me in Canberra including my 3 x 6105s and my Golden Tuna .
So what to do next ? Not to be beaten by lowlife scum I will be rebuilding my collection taking small steps to replace my favourite stolen watches.

Here's a few snaps of the watches taken.

[img]

[img]

[img]

[img]

+ many more

As always thanks for looking, its being very difficult to write this post. Onward and upwards from here I guess.

Cheers Tony (Yorkie)
[/quote]

I despise thieves. I hope they get what's coming to them, and I hope you recover your property.

Best of luck,
Myles

#5 ·
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Tony. Hopefully you kept records. Sooner or later some of them could surface and lead to the rest. Keep your eyes open and be patient.
Tom

#6 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys, just about to hop on a plane back to Brisbane. Its my son's university graduation ceremony tonight . So things in life are not always negative.

Gotta fly so to speak, but will reply to the insurance side of things later, info might come in handy to some other collectors.

Hope you all have a great weekend, I'll be blowing the bubbles off a few frosty ones tonight that's for sure.

Cheers Tony

#7 ·
Mate, sorry to hear about your watches being stolen, i think it would be a good thing if you provided us who are living in Australia, model and serial numbers of watches stolen, i advertise nationally for Seiko and Citizen watches and i get a lot of response from places on the East Coast, you never know

Regards

george

#17 ·
Wow, really sorry to hear of your grief, Tony. Let's all keep our eyes peeled and lookout for the stolen pieces.

With our combined effort, and this great forum, I'm sure the stolen belles and aqualands will cross our paths. Let's also monitor the bay and other trade sites. I have a good buddy in the AFP Cybercrime unit who can help in case we get leads on the internet. If we have the pictures and the lost inventory details, that would be great.

Stay strong Tony, and all the best to your family.

#23 ·
Very sorry to hear that Tony,especialy for your wifes jewelery. I hope the mongrels are caught and serve some time.
We had a burglary a few years back and "lucky" for us we disturbed them and they just missed out on the mother load.
I hope your insurance company pays up and that your cover was adequate. It took me 6 months to get my claim
paid with GIO. In our case the thieves were caught , convicted and doing 4 years jail for a string of burgs......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.